Cruising with ChatGPT.

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes. Already muddied.

Cruise line A gives "Influencer" B a free cruise. In order to keep getting free cruises, "Influencer" B puts content on blogs, youtube, instagram etc. These reviews are generally truthful but not the whole truth, as anything they are unhappy with is omitted from the review - no more free cruises if you express any negatives.

This influencer content is already all over the web, free of most negatives. Value for money is a major consideration when choosing a cruise, and getting them for nothing also removes a large chunk of credibility from the content.

At restart last May, the two most prominent influencer voices in this country had done less than 5 cruises between them, and included info on how nice a ship was based on having lunch and a ship tour in port. Yes, these are the people that are laying crumbs for the bots, and you will need even more critical thinking to sort the chaff from the hay.

True - but even here it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. People with personal opinions based on whatever. People restating Internet myths over and over again. Nothing really will change - BUYER BEWARE still applies.  

• Like 2

I asked the bot this question in my OP ""Where can I cruise to from the port of Tilbury London"" - He He - I'll bet there are many here who have never even heard of the Port of Tilbury in London 🙂and it came up with a lot of claims. But I am an Aussie - unaware of which of these claims are true. So it is up to me to then figure out which ones are indeed true and viable 🙂 - I am certainly unaware of how I could sail from Tilbury to New York !!!  Hmm?? Probably wrong but who knows without further research. - or should I get my recommendations/advice from the Forum participants here??  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Probably wrong but who knows without further research. - or should I get my recommendations/advice from the Forum participants here??  

Getting your own recommendations and advice is also what ChatGPT will advise.

I asked if Cruise Critic was a good resource.

Cruise Critic is a popular online resource for cruise travel, and it can be a helpful tool for those planning a cruise vacation. It provides a variety of information and resources related to cruise lines, itineraries, ships, ports of call, and other related topics.

Cruise Critic features reviews and ratings from past passengers, as well as news, articles, and forums where travelers can exchange tips and advice. The website also offers a booking service, where travelers can book cruises directly through the site.

While Cruise Critic can be a useful resource, it's important to remember that reviews and opinions can be subjective and may not always reflect the experience you will have on a particular cruise. It's also a good idea to cross-check information from Cruise Critic with other sources, such as travel guides and official tourism websites.

Overall, Cruise Critic can be a helpful resource for those planning a cruise vacation, but it's always a good idea to do your own research and make informed decisions based on your own preferences and needs.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bazzaw said:

True - but even here it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. People with personal opinions based on whatever. People restating Internet myths over and over again. Nothing really will change - BUYER BEWARE still applies.  

That is true, and as long as the bot response is considered as an answer, not the answer.

The company I work for is considering adding an applied version of this stuff, largely to speed up mundane aspects of communication and reporting. They are concerned that over time it will all become generic and while solutions are efficiently found, are they going to miss the thought process that gives the best solutions.

6 hours ago, bazzaw said:

I asked the bot this question in my OP ""Where can I cruise to from the port of Tilbury London"" - He He - I'll bet there are many here who have never even heard of the Port of Tilbury in London 🙂and it came up with a lot of claims. But I am an Aussie - unaware of which of these claims are true. So it is up to me to then figure out which ones are indeed true and viable 🙂 - I am certainly unaware of how I could sail from Tilbury to New York !!!  Hmm?? Probably wrong but who knows without further research. - or should I get my recommendations/advice from the Forum participants here??  

I haven't looked at Tilbury, and am just aware it is in the Thames and some ships won't fit, so there will be less options. The old Pacific Dawn (Ambience) is based there. That is the limit of my knowledge. Seriously though, the UK cruisers on their board are often friendly, and would know a thing or two about cruising from Tilbury.

We are now booked to cruise from Dover in 2025, and it is fun to look at things to do and hotels to stay at before the cruise. I am doing a fair bit of homework, and chatGPT could give me a 2nd opinion. For my 1st draft I just map it out, then ask questions to refine everything. I figure most people are the same when it comes to planning a holiday.

Thinking back a dozen or so years, there was a "Mr T" who added cruises to his signature that he never did. When challenged, he provided a cruise review which included images. Turns out they were sourced from other peoples blogs, easily found via google. With things getting so sophisticated now, even the gibberish from his fake cruises could start to look credible. 😂

28 minutes ago, TommyH2006 said:

I wonder if I asked ChatGPT what the answer was to "Life, the universe, and everything" would it come up with "42"? 😀

Try it, I think it would.

This morning I asked it to come up with a Harry Potter sequel where Harry & Ron become partners. Not much of a plot, but it did put a plausible storyline together.

38 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Try it, I think it would.

This morning I asked it to come up with a Harry Potter sequel where Harry & Ron become partners. Not much of a plot, but it did put a plausible storyline together.

I would Geoff but I'm reluctant to give it my personal mobile number to register. 

Unless you know of another way to access it????

6 minutes ago, TommyH2006 said:

I would Geoff but I'm reluctant to give it my personal mobile number to register. 

Unless you know of another way to access it????

I have the Bing version on my work PC. No way they would be getting my number either.

On 4/26/2023 at 6:02 AM, MicCanberra said:

Wow, I just have to ask why would someone go to that much effort.

some people want robots to do the work for them

i dont dislike  chatgpt  but its something i wouldn't live by , but some think it is gospel

9 hours ago, ozdevil said:

some people want robots to do the work for them

i dont dislike  chatgpt  but its something i wouldn't live by , but some think it is gospel

I was referring to the person with the fake cruise history

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...