Buenos Aires Airport, need advice!!!

Lojay2

My wife has Parkinson's, she can walk somewhat and she insists not to give in and order a wheel chair for getting off the plane and going thru customs.

Can someone out there give me a little insight as to how much walking will be involved before we finally get to the car service that we have ordered?  

I am leaning toward ordering a wheelchair thru AA but not looking to start our vacation off with an argument when we first arrive, 

Thank you in advance for your information 

There can be quite a bit of walking and standing in line.  The walking may depend somewhat on the plane's gate, but I think there will be a fairly long walk for everyone.  Then, there has been a long line at immigration both times we have arrived.  Then, it is a bit of a walk to get luggage, get it scanned, then to get to where rides are available.  I would advise anyone with mobility issues to get a wheelchair.  You also will probably be whisked to the front of the line so win/win.

• Like 1

The last time we flew in to BA, it was on a flight from Miami, and was before Covid. I remember the walk to Immigration was a bit of a hike, but more than that I remember the lines at Immigration to take a very long time. This is a difficult decision for you, but honestly, I think you are best to order the chair as this is a large and bustling airport. 

I know the bind you are in, because for many years I traveled with my Mom who also has Parkinson's (she is 83 now and no longer able to travel), and she would become hurt or angry if I suggested a device that may assist her. I still remember the first time, it was on a cruise, and we passed someone in a corridor with a walker device with 4 legs with wheels on them and I suggested that may be something that would help her get around better, and boy did that ever go over poorly. She was very insulted and hurt, and said she did not want to look old, and remained in a dark cloud for the rest of the evening. 

Wishing you the best of luck on this. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's quite a bit of walking to get through the airport. If you're wife uses any sort of walking aid, like a cane, an attendant will hopefully offer to move the two of you to the local immigration line instead of the very long foreign entry line. At least this is what happened for us when they noticed me on line with a cane. 

• Like 1