Star Aft Facing Balcony

Reba 954

I have searched and searched, but cannot find the answer to my question.  We have never cruised Norwegian(always Celebrity)  but because of the itinerary have decided to give them a try.  We always do Aft facing balconies because typically they are bigger and or course have the beautiful view.  What I need to know is the size (compared to side balconies) of the Aft balcony on the Star.  Not the suites...just the regular aft facing balcony.  I am thinking the Sun would be the same too.  

Also, is there a difference between decks?  Are there loungers as opposed to just chairs with ottomans?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give😀

Regarding Norwegian Star, Dawn and the Jewel class ships, Deck 10 is the deepest, deep enough for loungers.  Here is a YouTube video from 6 years ago so furniture is outdated but balcony not changed

This is video of an aft facing suite on Deck 9 .... couldn't find one of regular aft facing balcony in quick search.  At 5:26 he goes out onto the balcony.  You can see the balcony depth is much less than the one on deck 10.  The deck 9 aft facing suite balcony is wider than the regular deck 9 aft facing balcony but the depth is the same.

Word of warning  DO NOT BOOK aft facing balcony on Deck 8 on the Star

They are located above Bliss Lounge and the floors and walls of your stateroom will shake and you will hear every word of the songs played (played even if the Lounge is empty).  There is a reason these are almost always available on the Star, Dawn, Pearl and Gem.

Edited by kjquilts

Couple more things

NCL does not provide ottomans or footstools for any of their balcony staterooms.  You get two chairs and a tiny table. 

If balcony is deep enough for a lounger often there is already one there.  If not in past we requested from our stateroom attendant and gave extra tip for the extra work involved.  Don't know if this will be more difficult now.

The Sun is a very different ship (one we love).  Go on YouTube and watch some videos.  There is a very recent video Norwegian Sun Aft Facing balcony.  Not going to post link because it is by travel agent (tall one lol) but he does very good videos. 

Here is a YouTube drone video of the Sun so you can see the balcony set up .... very different than other NCL ships.

Edited by kjquilts