Norwegian Star Oct/Nov 2024

clojacks

We are looking at a Star sailing of Ireland in Oct, 2024 that returns to Southampton on Oct. 20. I've been looking at cruise TA's sites and chatting with Norwegian CS agents, but nobody shows the Star after Oct. 20, 2024 until Nov. 12, 2024. We'd consider a B2B on the back end of the Oct. 10th one we are considering, but??? It seems like often times, sleuths in here have better access to what is happening with missing ships schedules. Anyone have an idea?

5 hours ago, clojacks said:

We are looking at a Star sailing of Ireland in Oct, 2024 that returns to Southampton on Oct. 20. I've been looking at cruise TA's sites and chatting with Norwegian CS agents, but nobody shows the Star after Oct. 20, 2024 until Nov. 12, 2024. We'd consider a B2B on the back end of the Oct. 10th one we are considering, but??? It seems like often times, sleuths in here have better access to what is happening with missing ships schedules. Anyone have an idea?

It's possible that it is scheduled to be out of service for refurbishment.  If that is the case, I would recommend not booking the last cruise before the refurb or the first cruise after.  We have seen them cut cruises short or start them late so they can get in a couple of more days of work.

Per a third party site, refurb Q3 2023.

Not uncommon for trips before, and after refurb, to have issues from reports here.

We did one after and things still going on for over two weeks and spa, not our thing, down for a month.  Paint fumes near room.  We still had a great time though.

13 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

It's possible that it is scheduled to be out of service for refurbishment.  If that is the case, I would recommend not booking the last cruise before the refurb or the first cruise after.  We have seen them cut cruises short or start them late so they can get in a couple of more days of work.

Thank you for the insight. Definitely need to see where I can find more info on what is happening to the Star in the time frame I mentioned before I would book.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Per a third party site, refurb Q3 2023.

Not uncommon for trips before, and after refurb, to have issues from reports here.

We did one after and things still going on for over two weeks and spa, not our thing, down for a month.  Paint fumes near room.  We still had a great time though.

Appreciate the insight, except the sailing I mentioned is in Q4 2024, which wouldn’t explain Star missing in the period I’m looking.

So, does anyone have any suggestions for finding out what the Star is actually doing in the time period I mentioned? NCL can't/won't tell me? I can't find any dry dock/refurb schedules mentioning the Star in that time period? 

• 5 months later...