Best Rome Guided Tour?

GCBK10905

I realize there are lots of tours for Rome.  Does anyone have a recommendation of one they absolutely loved?  Would love to pack in as much as possible with a guide who is really knowledgeable.  We’ve never been there before.  Thanks!

Have you read the board? "Best" is such a subjective term. There is a huge thread just down the board on Rome in Limo,  our "best". Others have other opinions. 

In summary,  there is no one "best". It's totally subjective. 

You might want to do some reading here about the difference between "driver" and "guide".

If you are researching for this coming summer,  you are a little late in  the process.  Good luck.

Are you just seeing Rome on a daytrip from a cruise ship? Or is this part of a pre- or post-cruise stay?

The problem with this kind of request is that Rome has so MANY must-see places. Without knowing something about you and your likes, how can we recommend a tour?

You have to do a little of the lifting and tell us what you want to see. Is ancient Rome your jam? Has your dream trip to Rome always involved seeing the Sistine Chapel?  

Personally, my favorite tours have been with Context Travel, but that's because I am an information junkie and I like small group tours. That may not be your style at all.