Activities on sea days

hoosier quilter

We love sea days.  We had a South American cruise recently with a lot of seadays.  I had a mani/pedi, walked around the deck several times, read in a lounger, watched some TED talks on the TV in our room, listened to a couple of lectures, saw a movie and a show.  We made a point to spend time each evening listening to the musicians--very talented and pleasant to sit there with a drink or coffee and listen.  I browsed their libraries which were everywhere.

I say lots of folks getting spa treatments, spending time getting a tan.  There was a group of folks doing crochet or knitting and chatting each afternoon.  There was a trivia contest.  I saw some folks playing cards regularily informal maybe? My husband writes.  I saw others doing the same thing--journaling or creative writing maybe.

The key to enjoying sea days is to relax however you like to.

• Like 4

We are doing a aurora cruise in a few weeks.  We have several days that they call "scenic cruising" as we go up and then down the Norwegian coast.  I have done this in the summer and will now be doing it during the winter.  My point is that there is a difference between scenic cruising at sea and sea days.  Scenic cruising is OK.  To me sea days on any line without any scenic aspects or other redeeming features are a total bore.

DON

• Like 1

On 1/27/2024 at 3:28 PM, ClammingGirl said:

Any Mah mahjong sets and or players usually on board?

On Viking Neptune May 2023 they had organized MJ in Manfredis. The few cards they had available were from past years. Bring your own card and maybe a few to share if you want to play American MJ.

• Like 1