Carnival Venezia November 30, 2023 - December 10, 2023

bronso.n

Hi everyone! I am starting this roll call for us to chat away about our upcoming Eastern Caribbean sailing on the "new" Carnival Venezia! My friend and I will be traveling from the Rochester, NY area to be onboard with you.

• Like 1

My husband and I, along with 2 friends, just booked this trip.  We've been to the Caribbean many times, so this fabulous ship is our true destination!  Looking forward to meeting our cruise mates.  Bon Voyage!

• Like 2

On 3/28/2023 at 6:07 AM, Kitty1971 said:

Hi all! I just booked this cruise last night.  I've never cruised with Carnival, usually NCL. 

Welcome aboard..  I haven't traveled on Carnival or NCL for many years, but this looks like a very interesting ship.  Bon Voyage!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, just booked 2 rooms for me & my lady, and her sister & brother in law, all the way up on deck 12!

I was looking at renting a cabana or villa for us on half moon cay, and discovered that prices went way way up!  $700 for a cabana and $1000 for a villa!  So, to that end, is there anyone on this roll call here that might want to go in on a villa?  

If two other couples want to split it with us then it would be $250 per couple, or for 3 other couples it would be $200 per couple.

Please send me a message if you might be interested, there aren't too many of them and they will probably sell out!

From the description it sounds like it accommodates up to 18 people (although I probably wouldn't want to go more than 10).

Here are the details from the Carnival site : 

Have a relaxing beach day with family and friends in your own deluxe 2-story villa while visiting Half Moon Cay. Perfect for relaxing, your villa features unobstructed views of the ocean from all locations and a private sun deck.

What’s Included:

• Food: Snacks such as chips, dip and fresh fruit.
  • Drinks: Water and soda.
  • Villa Features: Air-conditioning, a 5-person hot tub, refrigerator, ceiling fan, inside dining area, and a misting shower. Water floating mats and snorkel gear are provided for use during the day.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 8:24 AM, happytrucker35 said:

Any tips for sailing out of New York in November?

Be on deck as we pass the Statue of Liberty. (starboard side). also as we pass El Moro in San Juan Port Side.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m looking forward to sailing with all of you!  First time sailing out of NYC and first time to any and all of these ports.  Most of my cruises have been West coast and the only Eastern Caribbean ports I’ve been to were St. Thomas, St. Maarten & Nassau.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked the cruise for my wife and I (early 50s) and my parents (late 70s).  Used to do cruises with our kids but they are now in college -- it's nice that we can do it in offpeak season when school is in session.

We live in Buffalo area, so we will be driving down the day before and spend the night in NJ.

Have been reading Venezia reviews and are a bit nervous about the negative ratings as well as all the fights (and even a killing recently) on board.  Hopefully they have a chance to work out the kinks and the winter crowd will be milder and more relaxed in attitude and temperament. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

We are 4 senior couples booked this cruise. First time on Carnival for my husband and I. Looking forward to this cruise.

My friend and I are crocheters. We had fun attending crochet/knitting group daily meeting organized by NCL staff. 

It would be fun I there is enough interest to create a crochet/knitting group meeting on this sailing. 

If yes, do you know how to go about it? Who to contact to enquiry on this sailing? 

Thank you in advance 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 8:46 AM, mleng said:

Just booked the cruise for my wife and I (early 50s) and my parents (late 70s).  Used to do cruises with our kids but they are now in college -- it's nice that we can do it in offpeak season when school is in session.

We live in Buffalo area, so we will be driving down the day before and spend the night in NJ.

Have been reading Venezia reviews and are a bit nervous about the negative ratings as well as all the fights (and even a killing recently) on board.  Hopefully they have a chance to work out the kinks and the winter crowd will be milder and more relaxed in attitude and temperament. 

This is our first time sailing out of the Manhattan port.  Where are you staying in NJ and do you know where to leave your car the next day when arriving at the port?  We would love to follow you   lol.

@Beaverhut Based on my research, there are a few options if you are driving.

1. Stay in a hotel near the city and drive to the port, then park at the port. 

You can find the parking information at the Manhattan Cruise Port website https://nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/ , or do a search on Cruise Critic boards in the forum for Homeports.  I think it costs $45 per day to park. 

2. Stay in a hotel that offers Parking package. 

Again, you can find information on these hotels in the forum for Homeports.  I believe there are 3 well known hotels across the river: Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn (both in Ridgefield Park), and Fairfield Inn in North Bergen.  I booked my family at Fairfield Inn.  A room for 4 people is $480 with 10 days of free parking, and a free roundtrip shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port before and after the cruise.  Considering the cruise terminal parking is $450, we are paying basically $30 for the hotel stay. I am a Marriott elite, so I chose Fairfield Inn, because I am getting points too.  I think the prices at the two Hilton properties are similar.

3. Park in Albany, NY area. 

I see you are from Beaver Harbour.  Is that in Canada? There is a company in Albany that will let you park in their lot and shuttle you to any cruise ports in Northeast (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bayonne, Boston).   https://www.yankeetrails.com/services/cruise-express-shuttle/  It's $120 per person.  

If it's just 2 of you, this is likely the least expensive option. You do still have to pay for a night of hotel, but it should be a lot less in Albany than near NYC.  For us, with 4 people, it would have been $480 plus hotel, so it's not economical. The only downside is that it takes much longer to get to the cruise port from Albany.  I think the bus leaves at 7 AM.  

Good luck.  If you find any other options, please share. 

• Like 1

Hello fellow cruisers. My husband and I will be on this cruise as well. (Scott 62 Thomasina 56) We are also on the ship for 15 days Sept 29-Oct 14. We are from Keene NH. Thank you mleng for parking info. Prices sure have gone up since our last time cruising from NY. Going to check out your link to yankeetrails. We tried to find friends or family to go to share parking costs but 10-15 cruises are not a big hit in our circle 😞 we however love cruising, the longer the better. We will also be hiding ducks 😀 

We booked this cruise because of a great deal through Carnival.  I'm Cherl and my husband is Wil (one L) and we are from Texas. 

Initially, I booked the "free" interior cabin, but then panicked a bit at the thought we might get a 1A, so I got our TA to change it to an ocean view.  Great price and good OBC.  It will be my 20 Carnival cruise and my husband's 19th.  (Don't ask about it if you meet us--he's still a bit bitter that I took our daughter once without him--and left him to play Santa at one of my work functions.)  It will be our first sailing out of New York. Wil is from northern Virginia, and he worked out of DC when we lived in Virginia, but we never made it up to NYC.  

Anybody got an email notification from Carnival about the itinerary shuffle?  I am curious how that's going to impact our experience in each port, i.e. how many other ships are in port on the same day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mleng said:

Anybody got an email notification from Carnival about the itinerary shuffle?  I am curious how that's going to impact our experience in each port, i.e. how many other ships are in port on the same day.

We got the email about itinerary change. Nothing specific except that there is a change they will announce soon. 

If you go to the website, you can see the new itinerary -- basically they just reshuffle the order of the ports.  I don't remember the exact order, but I know Half Moon Cay used to be the last stop, now it's the first stop.  Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk are mostly "sitting on the beach" stops, so I am curious to find out how many other ships are in port.  If they switch the itinerary for this ship, chance are they are switching other ships as well.  The 3rd party Cruise Tracking sites that show the port schedules for all cruise ships are no updated yet. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 4:47 PM, mleng said:

On Carnival's website, they have the new itinerary - basically reverse order.  Times are a little different, but I actually like them better - especially Grand Turk (originally was 7:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.; now 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 pm) 

Hi Everyone, So excited to be joining yo on this cruise. Fist time on this ship and I have done 12 cruises so far!! I will be with my hubby, 2 kids and parents. Just wondering if there are any parents of kids on this forum. Would be nice to have the kids connect on the trip... Ages are 12 and 9 and they love sports and having fun🙂

This will also be my first time in New York and we're thinking of staying for an extra day to see Central Park and Times Square. I know there's so much to see and do in New York but were just gonna go with the flow as my parents are in their 70's and they have already explored NY. Probably staying in NJ and taking the train/taxi to the port and into NY. If anyone knows a great car service or driver (cheap and reliable) please let me know 😉