NCL EPIC March 2023 review - will likely take a break from NCL for awhile

travellingguy

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Haven’t sailed Epic in a while as she’s been in Europe, mostly.  There seem to be two camps.  One, it was an innovative ship (still is to a certain degree) in the industry.  Much of what NCL does now was initially done on the Epic.  I’m interested in sailing her again.  It’s just her itinerary hasn’t lined up with what we want to do.

I have lots and lots of fond memories from the EPIC.  If she needs a coat of paint here or there, I can understand.  She’s been sailing nearly a decade and a half.  A few people were up in arms about the cabin layout.  We found it quite convenient.  EPIC was certainly on the forefront of entertainment at the time.  We actually saw BLUE MAN GROUP there and had a blast.

Generally speaking, I like the ships with THE WATERFRONT.  But, those were an innovation that started on the “Away” twins. It has since carried through to every ship they’ve launched since then.

You’ll find some who don’t like anything but the Jewel class.  Some (like me) truly like the Breakaway and B+ ships.  Epic is something that encompasses a little of everything in between.  

Generally speaking, as one who has sailed RCCL, CCL, HAL, MSC, I believe NCL does as good a job as anyone keeping their ships clean and in good operational shape.  Like any cruise ship, some will like her.  Some won’t.

Well said! We have only sailed four times up to now with NCL but lots of other lines

• Like 1

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

Its going to be a watch and wait for us.
MSC has a 21n canaries out of Southampton that any Epic option have to compete with on value.  

Love long cruises! Long time since we cruised from Southampton it’s a long journey for us