Review of Bliss Sailing on March 12

Goldenknight

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review on any page!"

Goldenknight was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

One week on the Bliss.  I wrote a lengthy trip report in the Reviews section of NCL, which may take a day or two to post, I think.  Rather than repeat it all here, I will summarize.  I encourage folks to read my review as it is quite detailed.

In sum, this was the most disappointing NCL cruise we have been on (out of six previous cruises).

Grossly overcrowded and understaffed.  Out of 4700 passengers on board that week, 2100 were kids!  I doubted that number the first time I heard it, but asked a couple of senior officers, including the G.M., who all confirmed that number was accurate.  

I don't blame NCL for the types of people that board their ships or their demographics or ages.  They take the revenue, but it's not the fault of NCL who ultimately sails with them.  On this cruise, we endured 2100 kids, mainly teens and tweenies, who ran amok unsupervised with no parents in sight.

Nice that parents think it's okay to abrogate any responsibility for their kids once we all board.  But, it is simply not my job, nor the job of the crew, to babysit and manage these kiddos.  Ovewhelmingly, they like to run, run, run, preferably with food in their hands that they grabbed with bare hands off the buffet.  Good luck staying upright, and not getting mowed down by the little darlings.  

I felt that NCL dumbed down the food choices and quality because they know a month in advance the demographics of who is on the cruise.  IMHO, the food was targeted towards making the kiddos happy:  more pasta, more pizza, and more desserts.  Nothing that made us say, wow.  

Staff was sometimes abrupt, but mostly friendly.  They tried.  

If this was my first ever NCL cruise, I doubt we would ever return.  

Just read my full review later, when it posts.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Goldenknight said:

One week on the Bliss.  I wrote a lengthy trip report in the Reviews section of NCL, which may take a day or two to post, I think.  Rather than repeat it all here, I will summarize.  I encourage folks to read my review as it is quite detailed.

In sum, this was the most disappointing NCL cruise we have been on (out of six previous cruises).

Grossly overcrowded and understaffed.  Out of 4700 passengers on board that week, 2100 were kids!  I doubted that number the first time I heard it, but asked a couple of senior officers, including the G.M., who all confirmed that number was accurate.  

I don't blame NCL for the types of people that board their ships or their demographics or ages.  They take the revenue, but it's not the fault of NCL who ultimately sails with them.  On this cruise, we endured 2100 kids, mainly teens and tweenies, who ran amok unsupervised with no parents in sight.

Nice that parents think it's okay to abrogate any responsibility for their kids once we all board.  But, it is simply not my job, nor the job of the crew, to babysit and manage these kiddos.  Ovewhelmingly, they like to run, run, run, preferably with food in their hands that they grabbed with bare hands off the buffet.  Good luck staying upright, and not getting mowed down by the little darlings.  

I felt that NCL dumbed down the food choices and quality because they know a month in advance the demographics of who is on the cruise.  IMHO, the food was targeted towards making the kiddos happy:  more pasta, more pizza, and more desserts.  Nothing that made us say, wow.  

Staff was sometimes abrupt, but mostly friendly.  They tried.  

If this was my first ever NCL cruise, I doubt we would ever return.  

Just read my full review later, when it posts.  

The joys (?) of a Spring Break cruise, which is why I try not to sail in this timeframe.

• Like 1