Television connections on the Britannia

windra06

Apologies if this has been asked before but i didn't find anything on the search.

Could anyone tell me if the televisions on the Britannia have accessible ports? Bonus points if anyone can tell me if its possible to connect an HDMI cable and whether the remote provided will allow access to change the input channel?

On other cruise lines we have been able to connect the laptop to play movies by bringing with us a 'Magic' remote. We have quite a few sea days and my partner usually goes stir crazy (partly why we havn't been on a cruise for 7 years) - would love to be able to play movies or connect the Nintendo to the TV.

Many Thanks 🙂

2 minutes ago, windra06 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before but i didn't find anything on the search.

Could anyone tell me if the televisions on the Britannia have accessible ports? Bonus points if anyone can tell me if its possible to connect an HDMI cable and whether the remote provided will allow access to change the input channel?

On other cruise lines we have been able to connect the laptop to play movies by bringing with us a 'Magic' remote. We have quite a few sea days and my partner usually goes stir crazy (partly why we havn't been on a cruise for 7 years) - would love to be able to play movies or connect the Nintendo to the TV.

Many Thanks 🙂

On Arvia  the entertainment channel had loads of free movies plus loads more channels to watch

Not sure if it's the same on brittania

We also had the cinema with lots of current films free of charge as well

Which Britannia has

Another example of cruising getting better with time and progress IMO

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, windra06 said:

Many Thanks 🙂

They prefer that you don't plug things into the telly.

39 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

It’s a strict no no on P&O.

It may be physically possible but the TV brackets aren’t design for that access.

It is not physically possible to use the USB ports as they have twisted the metal surrounding them so you cannot access them. It is a pity really as we have many things on our drives that we could watch on seadays. or in the evening.

20 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Britannia used to have a good selection of films on the cabin TV. Don't know if they still do as I did not look last time.

They did last year - but "good selection" is subjective!

• Like 1

On Arcadia last year I did just this, connected the laptop via HDMI and viewed photos and downloaded TV. I didn't bring any extra remote, just used the normal one in the cabin to switch to the HDMI port. No idea about Brittania but it's certainly possible on other ships. I brought things to do it on Iona in January, but never actually tried so can't guarantee it would work, but it looked like it would.

I tried it on Britannia last year but to get to a USB socket on the back of the TV you have to remove it from the wall first.

I managed to get it off then found a warning on the back about connecting devices to the USB so I put it back on the wall with some difficulty and it didn't look right.

Next time we returned to the cabin the TV appeared to be as it should be BUT, shortly after, our steward apologised to us and said that the TV must have been badly fitted as it fell off when he was cleaning and they had to fit a new one!!

Keep well clear!!

Edited by Pine Man
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pine Man said:

I tried it on Britannia last year but to get to a USB socket on the back of the TV you have to remove it from the wall first.

I managed to get it off then found a warning on the back about connecting devices to the USB so I put it back on the wall with some difficulty and it didn't look right.

Next time we returned to the cabin the TV appeared to be as it should be BUT, shortly after, our steward apologised to us and said that the TV must have been badly fitted as it fell off when he was cleaning and they had to fit a new one!!

Keep well clear!!

😀 Very funny, Still HDMI and USB are two very different connectors.