Question on taking food off the ships in port..

stbmom

I know you are not supposed to take open food off, would they also not allow baby food to be taken off (like crackers and such)?

We are going to be traveling with a one year old and if this is the case (not being able to take off baby food), I may need to delay weaning (he will only be 13 months, so it would just be one extra month of nursing).

I won't tell you to do anything "against the rules" but just remember they don't check your bag getting off the ship, just getting back on ;) I remember seeing people on an excursion munching french fries out of their back pack :)

Jen

going Platinum May 7, on Adventure of the Seas!!

Others have posed this very same question and from what I recall, so long as the food is pre-packaged and not fruit or prpared items from the ship - you are good to go. From what I've heard on these boards it is illegal to take some food items that are not in their original packaging, off the ship. Baby food is probably not one of them, although I don't know for sure. I'm sure other responders will clarify this. Have a great holiday!!:)

It depends on the port being visited. The laws vary from country to country. Generally, it's a good idea not to take unpackaged food off the ship. Also, again depending on the port, they DO sometimes check your bags as you disembark the ship.

If it is in a sealed package, you are okay. I know Gerber has a lot of products - crackers and such - that are individually wrapped. They also have applesauce and such in disposable plastic containers that are easy to transport. Also, things like cheerios and saltines from the buffet or room service would be okay as long as they aren't opened. Sandwiches, salads, and fruit should not be carried into port. You don't need to just worry about having food confiscated and possibly fined while on vacation.

Archived