Solo Passengers who have travelled on Iona & Britannia.

Cpt Pugwash

Years ago i travelled on the Azura and the first Solo meeting consisted of inviting everyone on a tour of the ship but though i didn't fancy walking round ship for a hour or so i noticed that the Elderly, Infirm and those with Disabilities were just left to there own devices which is wrong.

Now i know you can't arrange things to suit everyone but being Disabled now myself and will NOT be able to do a walk round the ship even if wanted to i want to know is this what they do on Iona & Britannia.?

If so i'll be known as a 'Trouble Maker' as i will be reminding them that they happily take bookings from Solo Disabled passengers and of the Disability Discrimination Act when all they offer is for the Able Bodied.

6 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Solo meetings in one of the bars every day on all ships. No tours! 

Thank You for that as someone that has Volunteered with Children/Adults with Disabilities, Autism, Life Limiting Condition before i became Disabled myself 'Inclusion' is a very important subject for me.

Take Care.

1 hour ago, EM35 said:

Generally, the solo meet-ups are not facilitated by any of the crew it is just a location in the Horizon for solos to meet up if they wish. 

The two cruises i have been on the first meetings were facilitated by Crew then down to the passengers themselves so much that at one we had about 5 crew members who went through there history of what ships, position and from when to when.

Nearly fell asleep listening to them it was like people applying for a job.