• Promenade/Central Park Balcony
    • Ocean View Balcony
    • Junior Suite
    • Grand Suite
    • Ocean View Suite
    • Owners Suite
    • Villa Suite
    • Royal Suite

I have never done an oceanview, just balcony and inside.  When the Allure first came out, we knew the SHIP was the destination for us, as here ports were the same ole.. so we got interior.  If I'm doing pure southern caribbean out of puerto rico, we get a balcony for the view.  Transatlantic, inside (cold weather, don't need a balcony). Alaska, I could sell either to you as the sun is up so much longer and the views great, but balcony cold. So it depends on our itinerary, but have zero issues with inside, we only sleep and shower there, most cruises. 

Edited by nimbex1970

Hi,

I will be on the Enchantment at the end of May. Originally I booked this holiday on the beautiful Brilliance and had booked an interior room 8641 which was the last cabin aft in the long corridor at the rear of the aft lifts so would be nice and quiet.

However, RCI switched us to the Enchantment and have given us room 2133 which is close to the engines. I have stayed down here before and it is a good location for getting to the rear lifts for things.

RCI have just offered me the Royal Up options, so I have bid the lowest amounts of £70pp for an Ocean View Balcony and £50pp for a Ultra Spacious Ocean View cabin. Let's see if any of these gets excepted. I didn't pay a lot for this cruise, so under these circumstances don't mind paying a bit more for the chance of getting a better room.

On my last cruise which was on the Anthem doing a TA I had an inside cabin (which is what we wanted due to possible bad seas). However, I did bid for a balcony at the minimum, but it wasn't excepted by the time I boarded and my wife loved the cabin we had in the end so we cancelled it at guest services just before 4pm. There were loads of rooms available during this cruise (as I spoke to staff about them), but no-one at guest services tried to contact me to see if I still wanted to pay for an upgrade. I thought they needed as much cash as they could get from us! I know I cancelled it and it may have been possible to have got a balcony if I had waited, but like I said, once my wife saw the cabin we had booked, she did not want to move. Perhaps if RCI or whoever does the Royal Ups had moved us before we got to see our cabin, then we would have moved and they would have made £££s from us. As it happened the weather at the start was stormy, then sunny, then foggy then sunny again, so I don't think we missed anything special.

I will let you all know what happens on my next cruise.

BTW I have another cruise on the Symphony in October and that is a GTY and they have given me room 10133 which is at the front port side. It looks like there is only one room next to me and a blank space on the other which is the same for the floors above and below. Not sure if this a crew/ship thing. Anyone know what this is and how it may affect us. If its going to be bad then the Royal Up may come into play.

Mick.