Sunset Catamaran Cruise St Thomas on  "Castaway Girl" 

DRS/NC

Sunset Catamaran Cruise St Thomas on  "Castaway Girl"  -- anyone know if this excursion (on Caribbean Princess) is appropriate for someone with mobility problems?

I have trouble walking; I usually use a rollator/walker & a scooter on the ship.  Is it possible to take a rollator on such a boat?  I can sit on chair-level benches, but not able to get down to floor level.

I would really love to sail on a catamaran one more time!  What is your experience?

I have posted this on the St.Thomas & on the Disabled Passengers pages. 

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, DRS/NC said:

Sunset Catamaran Cruise St Thomas on  "Castaway Girl"  -- anyone know if this excursion (on Caribbean Princess) is appropriate for someone with mobility problems?

I have trouble walking; I usually use a rollator/walker & a scooter on the ship.  Is it possible to take a rollator on such a boat?  I can sit on chair-level benches, but not able to get down to floor level.

I would really love to sail on a catamaran one more time!  What is your experience?

I have posted this on the St.Thomas & on the Disabled Passengers pages. 

Thanks!

Can you find the actual tour operator and ask them?

It's likely to be very difficult, unless you can climb up and down a bit, to get into and then off the catamaran, even IF you could manage once on board.  (Also keep in mind that the toilet may be several steps down, if it's one of those large catamarans with some rooms in the hulls.

(We chartered these a few times, and invited others on our Roll Call to join us.  But I have no idea if the catamaran is the same as the types we chartered.)

Depending upon your abilities, having some friends nearby for assistance may be of significant help, too.

But the first thing is... you want to be *safe*!

Good luck!

GC

• Thanks 1