Galapagos

flare3192

I don't see a place to ask this question so if there is a place to direct me to, please let me know

We would like to go to the Galapagos. I would like some feedback on the following ships

Aqua Mare

Origin, Theory, Evolve

Infinity

Evolution

Elite

of information on another cruise ship we should consider. We want excellent guides with a good command of English. We also would like a nice ship with comfortable cabins. A balcony might be nice.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

We went with Ecoventura in 2019 when they were still using the older yachts (Letty).  The trip was absolutely fantastic, and we loved the fact that there were only 20 people on the sailing. 

We also liked the fact that they sail from San Cristobal rather than Santa Cruz.  We went in a few days early so my husband could do some scuba diving.  San Cristobal was fun to explore.

I highly recommend Ecoventura.

• 2 weeks later...

If you aren't into deep water snorkeling- might do some easy beach snorkeling... but want to see all the birds and land features of the Galapagos, does a Galapagos cruise make sense?

Thinking about either Silverseas Origin or the similar new Celebrity ship. They all seem to have lots of walking and boat tours at each island. Is that worth it?  

As I mentioned, we did the Silversea ship, and there were opportunities to snorkel from the beaches instead of the deep water trips too.  And we almost always did land tours and even zodiac tours for the bird and land critters.  On one of the days we even took buses into the inland area to tour a coffee plantation and see the land tortoises up and close.

Was it worth it?  Absolutely

On 5/9/2023 at 6:39 PM, bobmcm said:

If you aren't into deep water snorkeling- might do some easy beach snorkeling... but want to see all the birds and land features of the Galapagos, does a Galapagos cruise make sense?

Thinking about either Silverseas Origin or the similar new Celebrity ship. They all seem to have lots of walking and boat tours at each island. Is that worth it?  

My husband is a non-swimmer and he still loved the trip (we were on Celebrity Xpedition, great ship and crew). There are short and long walk options most days and also some days there is a Zodiac cruise where you can see aquatic life without getting wet. 

That said, I did every snorkeling option and it was like snorkeling in an aquarium. I have never seen so many different kinds of fish and so many large fish anywhere else. We even saw manta rays, sharks (the shy kind) and stingrays. The snorkeling wasn't strenuous if you are comfortable in deep water. The water is very cold but they provide wetsuits.

• 4 weeks later...

We sailed the Evolution in October 2019. We loved it.  The guides were excellent.  The ship is smallish - not a luxury ship but a luxury experience - very personalized.  I don't think there were any balconies.  Out cabin had portholes, was very spacious, but the bathroom was tiny.  I would sail her again.