Self disembark from Allure of seas and catch Uber by 8.15am

chukli

Doable, assuming that there are no delays with the ship’s arrival and US Customs clearing the ship. Plan on doing self assist debarkation and be in position to get off the ship as soon as they make the announcement that debarkation has begun

Edited by Tapi
  • Thanks 1

Doable, but not probable.  Would not even try.  Too many variables.

You will need to walk out of the terminal property, across Haborside Dr to 14th St. to meet with Uber.

Uber is not allowed in the port facilities until contract with port is signed and to be effective May 1st.

What day of the week is your debarkation?  On Sunday mornings, on all recent weeks (I checked each week for last 4 weeks), Uber and Lyft had surge pricing and low availability from about 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.

You should be able to get an Uber/Lyft at 8:45 or so, but expect prices to be as much as double what they were in getting from Hobby to the Port, on Sundays.  (Thursdays don't seem bad according to another poster, and I have no data for other days of the week.)

FWIW, I think (NOT SURE) that if "booking" means using the Uber reservation system, then booking an Uber ride at low-availability times does very little by way of a guarantee (unless you have made a private arrangement with the driver).  If you know otherwise, please post.  Thanks!