Harmony - vegan food options

Sailing on Harmony April 29th. This is our fifth RC cruise. It first time since we went vegan. 

I have researched and know there will be some options in WJ and I see from menu there is a Vegan starter, main and dessert every day in MDR.

For anyone who has sailed on Harmony and is vegan, any tips for other options? I think Johnny Rockets might have a burger option (for fee). For breakfast it will probably have to be toast with peanut butter and jelly as I don't expect there to be vegan bacon or sausages or vegan butter alternative!

Appteciate any info anyone has. Oh and please if you're not vegan I don't need to hear your opinion on my choice of nutrition or advice/concerns about my protein intake, etc! Thanks

Edited by FirstCruise2331

I’m not vegan but I eat mostly vegetarian and before the changes I ate mostly from the vegetarian menu each night. Now, after the new menus, like you said there is only 1 option in each category.

There are no more choices, and I mentioned that in my post cruise surveys since the changes.

Since I’m not vegan, I haven’t noticed any options labeled as such in the WJ, but there is a gluten free section.

12 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I’m not vegan but I eat mostly vegetarian and before the changes I ate mostly from the vegetarian menu each night. Now, after the new menus, like you said there is only 1 option in each category.

There are no more choices, and I mentioned that in my post cruise surveys since the changes.

Since I’m not vegan, I haven’t noticed any options labeled as such in the WJ, but there is a gluten free section.

Thanks, appreciate the insights. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gingerpeaches said:

This couple travelled on Symphony in February of this year. It doesn't look like they went hungry. While it's not the same ship the venues and menus don't vary that much ship to ship. I hope you find it helpful.

Royal Caribbean Vegan Food

Brilliant, lots of tips there.  Thanks very much. 

Thanks for asking the question!  We’re sailing onOasis in the Fall so I’d love to hear what you find and what ends up being good 🙂. I’ve heard multiple people say the tofu tacos aren’t good so that might be a good evening to make dinner plans outside of the main dining room.

3 minutes ago, NewCruiser77 said:

Thanks for asking the question!  We’re sailing onOasis in the Fall so I’d love to hear what you find and what ends up being good 🙂. I’ve heard multiple people say the tofu tacos aren’t good so that might be a good evening to make dinner plans outside of the main dining room.

I'm tempted to try the tofu tacos just to see what they are like! 

I usually do a review of my cruises and post them as I have always found the reviews to be very helpful in planning things so try to "give back". I'll put focus of the review on a vegan cruisers perspective and take pictures if I remember, might be helpful for you and others. I know we won't go hungry but (like on dry land) not as many choices!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FirstCruise2331 said:

Sailing on Harmony April 29th. This is our fifth RC cruise. It first time since we went vegan. 

I have researched and know there will be some options in WJ and I see from menu there is a Vegan starter, main and dessert every day in MDR.

For anyone who has sailed on Harmony and is vegan, any tips for other options? I think Johnny Rockets might have a burger option (for fee). For breakfast it will probably have to be toast with peanut butter and jelly as I don't expect there to be vegan bacon or sausages or vegan butter alternative!

Appteciate any info anyone has. Oh and please if you're not vegan I don't need to hear your opinion on my choice of nutrition or advice/concerns about my protein intake, etc! Thanks

There’s vegan options on the MDR menu everyday. I found them to be very good. In the WJ there’s a couple items labeled vegan, often similar to what’s being offered in the MDR that day. The remainder of the WJ isn’t labeled and leaves you  guessing. Items that are probably vegan are avocado toast, oatmeal, pasta, salad, fruit, potatoes. I saw eggplant dishes, breaded cauliflower wings, stuffed peppers with veggies and rice, all tasted great. Here’s the vegan food from Italian night:

IMG_1528.jpeg

IMG_1531.jpeg

IMG_2113.jpeg

IMG_1526.jpeg

Edited by Thisguylikestocruise

3 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

There’s vegan options on the MDR menu everyday. I found them to be very good. In the WJ there’s a couple items labeled vegan, often similar to what’s being offered in the MDR that day. The remainder of the WJ isn’t labeled and leaves you  guessing. Items that are probably vegan are avocado toast, oatmeal, pasta, salad, fruit, potatoes. I saw eggplant dishes, breaded cauliflower wings, stuffed peppers with veggies and rice, all tasted great. Here’s the vegan food from Italian night:

IMG_1528.jpeg

IMG_1531.jpeg

IMG_2113.jpeg

IMG_1526.jpeg

Thanks for the info. That looks very good!