NCL Taste of Antigua vs Antiguan Experience

redmomof4

• 2 weeks later...

I just took the Antiguan Experience on the Apr 14 sailing of the Epic. I was really disappointed in it. The guide was interesting and personable and friendly but the places we stopped at were not what I expected. We stopped at a private home from a woman who's a descendant of settlers from the 15th century. Just looked like a small home filled with way too many knick knacks. Then we stopped at a pineapple farm, which looked like an abandoned place. I think a couple rows of pineapples. They said they were affected by the pandemic and didn’t have places to sell their pineapples. Never saw the Fryes estate, whatever that was supposed to be. The last stop was the beach with lunch. The food was mediocre to bad (compared with two beach excursions I took at other ports where the food was amazingly good). Beach was nice. I wouldn't recommend this excursion.

Edited by genealogyfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

A couple of yrs ago did the "A Taste of Antigua" tour.

A nice couple runs a little open air restaurant which will be the spot for rum tastings and a small meal.  As I recall, some johnnycake, piece of chicken, some accompaniments (maybe potato salad).  

It was enjoyable and with the shorex credit and latitudes discount, was a decent price (at least at that time - tours have all gone up so much!)