Bimini - Place to Buy Beer and Ice?

wendycook22

Hi Everyone, 

We are travelling to Bimini for the first time.  I am aware that items may be pricey at this port as everything is imported to the island.  We often (when we can) pack a cooler in some ports and find a quieter, or not as busy beach.  We were looking at Paradise Beach, but we were not sure if there is a place in port or near that beach where we could purchase some beer and ice to pack our collapsible cooler.  I understand they sell it in convenience stores and liquor stores (from my research), but haven't successfully found the best place to grab some before getting on a tram - or golf cart.  If anyone can provide me with insight, and an idea of pricing it would be greatly appreciated.  

• Like 1

On 4/20/2023 at 1:32 PM, wendycook22 said:

Hi Everyone, 

We are travelling to Bimini for the first time.  I am aware that items may be pricey at this port as everything is imported to the island.  We often (when we can) pack a cooler in some ports and find a quieter, or not as busy beach.  We were looking at Paradise Beach, but we were not sure if there is a place in port or near that beach where we could purchase some beer and ice to pack our collapsible cooler.  I understand they sell it in convenience stores and liquor stores (from my research), but haven't successfully found the best place to grab some before getting on a tram - or golf cart.  If anyone can provide me with insight, and an idea of pricing it would be greatly appreciated.  

What we do is have our room attendant put ice in prior to disembarking.  We usually get any drinks the night before and store in our refrigerator in the room.  We tend to do Coke zero and fill our water bottles at the buffet.  But yes, probably finding a store with ice and beer would be easier!  We also have collapsible tent and chairs as well.

• Like 1