Threat of strike at WestJet

shorne

Since WestJet seems to be functioning, I'm thinking of cancelling my other flight for a full refund right after checking in. I'm not pleased with WestJet right now, but really flying in general has become a damnable nuisance. I can't be the only one who has come to regard flying as nothing more than a necessary evil, and the airlines have themselves to thank for that negative impression.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2023 at 10:09 PM, shorne said:

Since WestJet seems to be functioning, I'm thinking of cancelling my other flight for a full refund right after checking in. I'm not pleased with WestJet right now, but really flying in general has become a damnable nuisance. I can't be the only one who has come to regard flying as nothing more than a necessary evil, and the airlines have themselves to thank for that negative impression.

The flights they cancelled were mostly to the US or international so they would not end up with their aircraft standard in foreign airports should the pilots walk out.   

Most of the airlines have unions.  They threaten to go on strike from time to time.  Personally I have been a bit happier with Air Canada customer service as of late but they all have the same risk of strike.

Edited by em-sk