Majestic Dining Rooms: Concerto or Allegro?

charliedalrymple

We are booked on a 14-day cruise on the Majestic Princess.  While selecting a dining time on the Cruise Personalizer, we were asked whether we canted the Concerto or Allegro dining room.  We've never sailed this ship before.  Can anyone tell me the difference between these two and which you would recommend?

The dining rooms are essentially identical with identical menus.

They're in different locations, with Concerto midship on deck 6 and Allegro on deck 6 aft.

I prefer Allegro, though not by much. I like the windows on three sides, rather than just port and starboard. I also like a bit of variety and they usually (but not always) serve breakfast and sea day luncheons in the Concerto, so I like going elsewhere for dinner. I also like the out of the way feel for that dining room. Note that many complain of getting confused with that location since one can't walk forward to aft on deck six. I don't mind the walk or the extra ladder, but I recognize that the midship location might be more convenient for some. Another small consideration might be that during really busy times on a full ship the midship dining room is better set up to handle queues while the aft dining room check in sometimes gets messy with full elevators arriving to an already crowded entry lobby.

2 hours ago, walkingsoon said:

I prefer Allegro, though not by much. I like the windows on three sides, rather than just port and starboard. I also like a bit of variety and they usually (but not always) serve breakfast and sea day luncheons in the Concerto, so I like going elsewhere for dinner. I also like the out of the way feel for that dining room.

Excellent advice--thanks!

10 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

We prefer the Concerto.  We like having a pre drink at Crooners or Bellini’s and then just head in for dinner.

Thanks.  But I don't think there is a  Crooners on Majestic--it's looks like that space is occupied by a French bistro.  (We also love Crooners!)