No Resident Alien info requested during online check in?

Scotto97

My wife is a Permanent U.S. Resident with a Mexican passport. On all other cruise lines we have enjoyed, her "Green Card" information is gathered during online check in. But when we recently checked in for our first NCL cruise, only her Mexican Passport information was requested.

By not sending her U.S. immigration status and information ahead of time to the Immigration Service, won't this result in delays at the terminal during embarkation?

Can anyone share how this is handled at NCL?  

US NCL sailings do require Alien Registration Card (green card) presentation at checkin. I’ve always been told alien permanent residents need to have their ARC’s to re-enter the US. I’ve travelled with alien permanent residents and both their home country passports and ARC’s were scanned by the checkin agents.

1 hour ago, kelleherdl said:

US NCL sailings do require Alien Registration Card (green card) presentation at checkin. I’ve always been told alien permanent residents need to have their ARC’s to re-enter the US. I’ve travelled with alien permanent residents and both their home country passports and ARC’s were scanned by the checkin agents.

They take both at the podium, but only one on the online form. 

11 hours ago, Scotto97 said:

By not sending her U.S. immigration status and information ahead of time to the Immigration Service, won't this result in delays at the terminal during embarkation?

None of this information, on any passenger, is sent to CBP, or USCIS, prior to the ship actually sailing.

6 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

None of this information, on any passenger, is sent to CBP, or USCIS, prior to the ship actually sailing.

Thanks chengkp75 - I've always found you to be an outstanding source of information on these boards thru the years. 

My husband was a conditional permanent resident, who recently received his citizenship. Thank g-d! We always had an extra long wait at the terminal as the person checking us in had to go somewhere (I assume a back office to call USCIS) to determine if he was here legally or not. Generally it would take about twenty extra minutes for the port representative, whoever was in the background (again, USCIS?), and concierge to work through the issue. The first time it happened to us we were a bit concerned. Then each time after, we laughed and told them to take their time. 

You'll be fine, so long as your wife brings her Mexican passport and green card. Have a great cruise!

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Jeanreno said:

I have the same problem , did they check your green card during security check? They only asked my passport info online check in 

thanks 

Yes. And his passport. Then they (staff, not my husband) went into a backroom for 15 - 30 minutes (each cruise was different length of time). Don't get too stressed if they leave you for awhile - our first time, we were like are we going to be denied boarding?!?! But we were good!