Is a 12:35 PM flight on the day cruise ship arrives at Singapore pier feasible?

girlgummy

Hi All,

Our Diamond Princess cruise returns to Singapore at 7am on Jan 6th. Is a flight with 12:35pm departure that same day back to NYC too early? I know it's tight, but I believe the airport is about 20 minutes from the pier and that flight is currently the best priced option for us. Just wondering if we will have enough time to catch an international flight given customs/immigration and airport security. Unfortunately, we don't have Global Entry or Clear. I especially appreciate advice from anyone who's recently been through this experience!

Thanks!

Yes, you can do this if you follow a few things and no issues. Have returned to Singapore about 10 times to end a cruise. Only once was the ship late. Also, the ship needs to be cleared on time. We would do walk off with all your luggage. That should get you off the ship and cleared through immigration by 8:30 to 9:00am. Then, if Marina Bay terminal you walk all the way out of the terminal, pass the Black cars to the Taxi stand. You should be loaded and on your way at 9:15 to 9:30, with about a 30-minute ride to the airport. Airport around 10 am, so you will be in line 2 hours before your flight.

We have done this many times. But our flight is only about 3 1/2 hours and if we miss, we have several more the same day or could just fly the next day. With a 24-hour plus flight if you have a stop over missing the flight would be more of an issue. Do not allow the cruise line to handle your luggage off the ship. Most problems seem to happen here with your bags being in an area of 200 other bags, everyone in a hurry and wrong bags picked up. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 1:37 PM, girlgummy said:

Hi All,

Our Diamond Princess cruise returns to Singapore at 7am on Jan 6th. Is a flight with 12:35pm departure that same day back to NYC too early? I know it's tight, but I believe the airport is about 20 minutes from the pier and that flight is currently the best priced option for us. Just wondering if we will have enough time to catch an international flight given customs/immigration and airport security. Unfortunately, we don't have Global Entry or Clear. I especially appreciate advice from anyone who's recently been through this experience!

Thanks!

I wouldn't risk it and it also ends your trip on a bit of a stressful note, if you have to be worried about catching your flight.

Also Changi airport is gorgeous and can be a destination in itself.  I'd catch a later flight, take your time, check out the waterfall.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...