Pike Place to Seattle Waterfront

Hi all!

We are going on our first cruise to Alaska, round trip from Seattle. We will be arriving the day before and will have some downtime, so was thinking about exploring Pike Place and the Waterfront with aquarium and ferris wheel. We are going to be staying at the Westin and from what I've read, it's an easy walk down hill to Pike Place Market. My main question is, is there an easy way to get from Pike Place to the waterfront? It looks like there is a lot of construction going on so wasn't sure what the situation was. Was also wondering about the safety? It will be a Friday in August so assume lots of tourists will be around. Will likely take an Uber back to hotel as it is all up hill back.

Thank you so much!

Just a tourist myself but we like to head down to Seattle yearly and visit the Pike Place Market area as a default thing to do.  Haven't been down there yet this year as we usually go in the summer so don't know currentl conditions.

But we like to use the a path of stairs from the back of Pike Place down to the waterfront.  I think the path is called Pike Street Hillclimb(?).  Felt safe as we were just passing through quickly and there seemed to be a number of people traversing the stairs along with some people loitering.   

• 5 weeks later...

I was in Seattle in January and we had no trouble walking to the waterfront, even with the construction. I've stayed at the Westin on previous trips and we loved how central it is. There's a Seattle City Pass that gets you access to a bunch of attractions (Space Needle, Pop Culture Museum, Aquarium, Glass Gardens, and in case you want more boat time, a harbor cruise). Might be worth it depending on time available, how much you want to do, and how aggressive your vacation style is.