Best way to stay in touch with g’kids onboard, texting?

Lots of thread about this.  My family (including my teens and my parents) just use (apple) iMessage since we all have iphone.  See other threads within this one as well.

Edited by lisa928

Thanks lisa928! We all have iPhones, so I believe you are suggesting just to use iMessage instead of a text? I was able to go back through the link you attached for me to also find some very helpful information.

We had planned to acquire a one-month international plan so as to not incur roaming charges, but I believe that would only apply to any calls/messages while in the ports of call. I am hoping that downloading the NCL app will provide add’l info on staying in touch onboard. SS

15 hours ago, Ssheppardva said:

Thanks lisa928! We all have iPhones, so I believe you are suggesting just to use iMessage instead of a text? I was able to go back through the link you attached for me to also find some very helpful information.

We had planned to acquire a one-month international plan so as to not incur roaming charges, but I believe that would only apply to any calls/messages while in the ports of call. I am hoping that downloading the NCL app will provide add’l info on staying in touch onboard. SS

You will be able to use iMessage on board as long as you are connected to the ships free wifi.  

You are correct in that the Intl plan will not work on board when you are out at sea.  If you are in port. but still on the ship you will fall under the Intl plan.