Web Tool for Accessing Cruise Planner for Any Royal Caribbean Cruise (Whether You're Booked or Not)

1 hour ago, spethstation said:

@NorthStarStateCruiser Not getting any results when I try this today. Looks like the website is down for maintenance, unless they've changed the site map and the link doesn't work anymore?

Thanks for the heads up! They did modify their page authorization, but I found a workaround.

Unfortunately with this new method, the navigation from page-to-page within the cruise planner is restricted. I've added links to the most critical pages needing to be viewed prior to booking.

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 11:12 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Hi everyone,

I've made reference to this trick before on other topics, but I figured I'd put this in it's own topic post so people can identify it easier.

Basically, you are able to view any upcoming cruise planner page without actually being booked on that cruise.  Accessing the cruise planner before booking the cruise is especially helpful in identifying available excursions or the current prices for dining or beverage packages.  This is more helpful for Royal Caribbean cruises because the pricing is more dynamic and can vary widely from sailing to sailing.  All that needs to be done is some modification to parameters in the URL. 

Here's the base URL for the beverage package page (you can navigate to any other cruise planner page from there as you normally would):

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/beverage?bookingId=0000000&shipCode={ShipCode}&sailDate={YYYYMMDD}

1. Simply replace the {ShipCode} portion of the URL with the ship code you're looking for. You can find the ship code by doing a search with on the main "Find A Cruise" page and filter down to the ship you're looking for. The 2 letter ship code will then be shown within the URL for that filtered page.

2. Also replace the {YYYYMMDD} with the sail date of the cruise you want to look at. 4 digit year, 2 digit month and day.

3. Sign out from the Royal Caribbean website before navigating to the url. It blocks you from viewing if you're logged in.

To make this process easier, I made a tool on a Google Sheet where you can select cruise line, ship, and sail date and the URL is generated for you.  Here's the link to the Google Sheet tool:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit?usp=sharing

Note that this is a shared sheet, so there may be more than 1 person in it at the same time.  You can use any of the rows 9 thru 13 if someone is currently editing one of the rows.

Hope this is helpful for some of you!

For those of you utilizing the URL trick manually, Royal Caribbean modified the page authorizations and the workaround I found now disallows the navigation from page-to-page within the cruise planner. Therefore, you need to manually enter the page category in the url.  Here's the updated schema. Note: There's no longer "000000" for the bookingId parameter.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/cruise-planner/category/{PageCategory}?bookingId=&shipCode={ShipCode}&sailDate={YYYYMMDD}

1. Replace the {PageCategory} portion of the URL with your desired cruise planner page (referenced below).

Shore Excursions = shorex

Beverage Packages = beverage

Dining = dining

Spa = spa

Perfect Day = cococay

Internet = internet

VIP Passes = key

Onboard Activities = onboardactivities

Entertainment = show

Photo = photoPackage

Arcade = arcade

Gifts and Gear = gifts

2. Simply replace the {ShipCode} portion of the URL with the ship code you're looking for. You can find the ship code by doing a search with on the main "Find A Cruise" page and filter down to the ship you're looking for. The 2 letter ship code will then be shown within the URL for that filtered page.

3. Also replace the {YYYYMMDD} with the sail date of the cruise you want to look at. 4 digit year, 2 digit month and day.

4. Sign out from the Royal Caribbean website before navigating to the url. It blocks you from viewing if you're logged in.

• Like 1