Underwhelmed by the Mardi Gras

aml3679

3 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I think it's a subconscious thing for some people to find things to not like as that is the cool thing to do. I sailed on the Celebration this year. At my own fault, I was dreading long lines and crowds as I fed into nonsense on the internet. Aside from the atrium which lacks enough seating, I never experienced that. In fact, the dreaded Pizza and Punchliner crowds were actually better experiences than they were on other Carnival ships. 

The Celebration had the pizza thing figured out. Not only did they have a lot more room to work there they had about 9-10 people working there at night,unlike the Horizon which had 2 people working in a tiny area.

6 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I think it's a subconscious thing for some people to find things to not like as that is the cool thing to do. 

The common theme with "everything was HORRIBLE, the food was totally inedible, etc." postings is that the author had a negative preconceived notion against Carnival.  Notice how all these postings are accompanied by 'I normally travel XXX and wouldn't normally travel Carnival but... [we got a great deal, somebody else picked the cruise, etc.]'  Reality is, because of their negative preconceived notion, they're never going to be satisfied - even if it was the best cruise they took.  I'm dealing with a similar situation with my wife: we would yield a significant savings by switching from AT&T to T-Mobile but she was opposed to the move mainly because she believed (to put simply) people of lower status use T-Mobile.  Several months and several hundred dollar savings later, I'm happy with the move and haven't noticed any material difference in service (each has their weak spots), but she complains and complains and declared today she's opening up her own AT&T account.  Absolutely nothing will satisfy her because of her ridiculous preconceived notion.   

Carnival is not for everybody.  As I wrote before (and got attacked for writing), its product is underwhelming in many areas compared to the competition.  But it's a great value.  Just as Denny's is a good & satisfying but underwhelming meal (but a great value).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2023 at 8:02 AM, Illbcruzn4life said:

After doing more reading it looks pretty straightforward. I canget direct flights on American airlines where the prices are pretty good, use Galveston express to get us to the Harbor House hotel, and dinner at Willie G’s.

how does that game plan seem? Any flaws ?

Sounds like the perfect plan to me! 

• Like 1