MSC Seascape-embarkation times

clbl99

Whenever I have embarked MSC in PCN it's been a cluster unless in YC.

Their check in system has a habit of quitting randomly.  Go as early as you can so you might get ahead of the system shutting down.

I'm taking a friend up there this morning since MSC raised my contracted rates for today and refused to set them back. I cancelled today's cruise for a refund.  He managed to get his adjusted back but it took a lot of effort.  

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Whenever I have embarked MSC in PCN it's been a cluster unless in YC.

Well, Clbl99 will be very disappointed if they go to Port Canaveral!  Seascape sails from POM!

3 hours ago, clbl99 said:

We leave Sunday! It says embarkation time is 1pm, so arrive 30minutes prior??

We have to check o9ut of the hotel at 11am so probably will just head on over then.

I think if you plan on checking out at 11:00 and heading over, you will be fine.  They probably won't begin boarding until 10:45 or so.  They generally do not check your issued embarkation time, so you should be okay!

• Like 1

Just back from the drop off.  It was a zoo.  After an hour going 100' in the drop lane I cut through terminal 5 and  dropped off halfway between terminals 5 & 6.  Saved an hour.  

Both T10 (Getaway) and T6 (Seaside) were backed up onto 528.  

Seaside leaves from T6 but returns to T10 after this cruise.

They were asking people to drop off luggage and passengers at T6 and then park at T10.  They are running a shuttle between them. 

My friend reports check in is mayhem.  

19 minutes ago, JAGR said:

I think if you plan on checking out at 11:00 and heading over, you will be fine.  They probably won't begin boarding until 10:45 or so.  They generally do not check your issued embarkation time, so you should be okay!

Thank you!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Well, Clbl99 will be very disappointed if they go to Port Canaveral!  Seascape sails from POM!

My bad, on Seascape in November from PCN.  Probably cancelling that though. Just a matter of time before MSC raises me rates again,

Dreadful, terrible company.    

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

My bad, on Seascape in November from PCN.  Probably cancelling that though. Just a matter of time before MSC raises me rates again,

Dreadful, terrible company.    

Wait..you booked, paid a deposit then your price went up?? You have me worried as I booked my first MSC cruise for next year, but strictly because of how low the price was. 

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Wait..you booked, paid a deposit then your price went up?? You have me worried as I booked my first MSC cruise for next year, but strictly because of how low the price was. 

Yes.  Three of us all had our contracted raise go up.  

One was able to get it fixed within 24 hours.

One was able to get it fixed but it took more than 10 phones calls over two weeks.

I was never able to get mine fixed.  Since it was a short cruise the final payment was due 75 days out.  On day 90 thinking I had two weeks left to fix it I checked my booking and discovered someone set my final payment day to 90 days (invoice says 75 days).  If I didn't cancel it that day they would cancel it for non-payment the next day so I canceled and took the refund.

All of my friends kept their 75 day final payment due date. 

I am convinced someone adjusted my final payment due date because I called and tried to get my rate adjusted back to the contracted rate.   They were trying to get me canceled so I'd lose my deposit.

They are a terrible sleazy company.   This was to be my 4th cruise with them.  

I did get to drive my friend to the port today to board the ship I was supposed to sail on were it not for MSC shenanigans.  We talked about it in the car on the way there.