Question about Whitepass RR

mrsa1113

We are cruising to Alaska on the Sun Princess on 6/4. This will be our first cruise and are VERY excited. Will be traveling with many members of my family for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.

I have a rather unusual, and possibly stupid question, about the train trip in Skagway. We have a 4 year old and while I don't worry about the 3 hour train ride (we do a lot of cross country car trips), I do worry about the inevitable "Mommy, I have to go potty"! :) I have searched, even the RR's website, and cannot find the answer. Are there restrooms on the train? We are trying to get our excursions figured out and knowing this for sure would put my mind at ease.

Thanks to all of you for the wealth of information I have found on this forum! It has been fantastic and fun to read about everything.

Kathy

We are cruising to Alaska on the Sun Princess on 6/4. This will be our first cruise and are VERY excited. Will be traveling with many members of my family for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.

I have a rather unusual, and possibly stupid question, about the train trip in Skagway. We have a 4 year old and while I don't worry about the 3 hour train ride (we do a lot of cross country car trips), I do worry about the inevitable "Mommy, I have to go potty"! :) I have searched, even the RR's website, and cannot find the answer. Are there restrooms on the train? We are trying to get our excursions figured out and knowing this for sure would put my mind at ease.

Thanks to all of you for the wealth of information I have found on this forum! It has been fantastic and fun to read about everything.

Kathy

kathy, that's a question that lots of us want (and need) to know, both young and old! Yes, there are bathrooms on the train. When we went a couple of years ago, it wasn't very clean, so make sure you bring handwipes and maybe even a few "seat covers" for the little one's protection!

We have found on all excursions that we have gone on, that if bathrooms are not available on that particular bus or mode of transportation, bathroom stops are made quite often.

Hope this eases your mind somewhat! And have a great cruise!

Archived