Extension transfer timing

ctr5000

I am on the British Isles Cruise with a London extension this summer.  Does any one have any experience with the timing of the transfer from ship to hotel? I called Viking and they said they would have us to the hotel “on time”, whatever that means.  She said that although we would need to be out of our cabins earlier in the morning, we would wait on the ship for them to call us to the tender to disembark and then take us to the hotel.  I want to book tickets to tour Westminster Abbey which is only a 4 minute walk from our hotel but don’t know what time to book them for.  What time did you get to your hotel? 

Most transfers to the hotel after a cruise is between 8:30- 9:00 AM.

Usually check in at the hotels is between 1-3 pm. 

I would suggest that you purchase your Westminster Abbey tour for the afternoon.  The morning can be very crowded with both school groups and other tour groups in Westminster Abbey.

Have a wonderful cruise and stay in London.

• Like 1

additional hint for the Abbey, they hold choral Evensong service a couple times a week.  check the web site for days and times.  It is free and you can hear lovely music inside a beautiful space.  You cannot linger after, it is not a tour, but to me these spaces become different when filled with singing voices.  At Westminster you can actually feel the vibration of the music.  At christmas I was sitting by the alter and could feel and hear a single childs voice singing from the opposite end of the abbey.  St Pauls has a daily service as well.  It is my arrival day tradition

• Like 2