Bringing win onboard

floridarob

Everything says it has to be in carry on, has anyone had it in their checked luggage and was there any problem?

Coming straight from the airport and it will be buried in my luggage, I won't have a carry on. Don't want to seem like a lush walking into the terminal with only a bottle of wine in my hand, lol

If you put wine in your checked luggage and it is picked up by the screener, the luggage will b sent to the "naughty room."  You'll have to come down while they inspect it, and if they find  it to be permissible, it will be returned to you.  My suggestion--put it in your checked luggage in a tote bag of some sort which you can easily remove at baggage claim at the destination airport or before checking the bags at the terminal.It doesn't have to be in a piece of carry on luggage, only in something that you carry onto the ship with you. We used a cloth tote from the wine store.

My friend had a couple bottles of hot sauce in her checked luggage (she was bringing it for a friend) and was "caught."  No problem at all except that she got to visit the "naughty room."

• Like 4