Izumi restaurant- solo dining by minor

We are going to be cruising shortly with our grandchildren. Our 15 year old wants to dine in the Japanese restaurant but we don’t like Japanese. I am fairly sure she won’t be be permitted to dine alone as a minor. Is this correct?

30 minutes ago, firsttimer57 said:

We are going to be cruising shortly with our grandchildren. Our 15 year old wants to dine in the Japanese restaurant but we don’t like Japanese. I am fairly sure she won’t be be permitted to dine alone as a minor. Is this correct?

Our grandaughter age 16, loves sushi- we do not eat- she had lunch daily at the restaurant- no problem.  If they question you, bring him in and then leave.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, fairywren said:

That’s a bit sad that no one wants to dine with her. Maybe (and hopefully)    she will make friends with other teens who would like the same experience.

She is extremely independent.  Talks to people around her regardless of their age.  Not the teen club type. 

• Like 2

Absolutely she can, the question is if her room card it set up for the charge for the dinner. If not, nothing wrong with providing her with cash to pay.  We just got off and there were two 14 year olds at the hibatchi grill in Izumi.  I was curious and watched, they paid with cash. So I looked at our bill, and surprisingly yes, you can.  I did not know this.  I put the tip in cash.

Edited by nimbex1970

2 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

Absolutely she can, the question is if her room card it set up for the charge for the dinner. If not, nothing wrong with providing her with cash to pay.  We just got off and there were two 14 year olds at the hibatchi grill in Izumi.  I was curious and watched, they paid with cash. So I looked at our bill, and surprisingly yes, you can.  I did not know this.  I put the tip in cash.

You cannot pay with cash on board the ship.  You can hand the waiter a cash tip.