Sunday Mass in Maui

mooline

Anyone know if the area around Christ The King church in Kahului near the port would be safe for walking from/to the ship for a 6 pm Mass? The service should be done by 7 pm, so I think we're bumping up against sunset. By safety, I mean not only personal safety but also walkability (traffic, sidewalks, etc)

We'd like to attend Sunday Mass in person, but with our reserved activity times, this seems to be the only option. Looks like about a 30 minute walk.

1 hour ago, mooline said:

Anyone know if the area around Christ The King church in Kahului near the port would be safe for walking from/to the ship for a 6 pm Mass? The service should be done by 7 pm, so I think we're bumping up against sunset. By safety, I mean not only personal safety but also walkability (traffic, sidewalks, etc)

Our computer shows you will be on Maui in later June, and sunset should be around 7:09 at that time.  You should be fine walking to and from church.  Just take Pu'unene from the harbor to the church and back - a straight shot and walkable.  If you look up a map it may say the church is on Wakea.  It is, but it is on the corner of Wakea and Pu'unene.