Guilty Pleasures on SL?

tbmrt

I'm onboard right now and saw it last night. I fully realize that people have different tastes when it comes to entertainment, but many people on our voyage have not cared for this show. The performers are talented, but the show itself is just woefully bad. It reminds me of a drunk sorority girl, who is trying too hard to get attention. The show is just trying to too hard to be funny or kitschy or shocking... or something... and keeps falling flat. Several people actually got up and left during the performance I attended. The highlight was probably the keyboard player. Either him, or when it was over. I hope you enjoy it more than we did or that it has been replaced by the time you sail.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, heels_fan said:

Either him, or when it was over. I hope you enjoy it more than we did or that it has been replaced by the time you sail.

What an awesome review. "Either the keyboard player was the best part or when it was over." I LIKE you! You are 'my people.' 😄 

We have the same opinion of most of the original shows on any Celebrity Solstice class ship. They're awful but we always stop at the World Class Bar to pick up a drink. Go to the theater watch the first 5 minutes in the 'escape seats' along the back row of the theater. Laugh at the first few minutes and get up to leave without disturbing anyone else.

LOVE the ships, but those original shows are like someone went to Cirque du Soleil and said "oh I can design a show like that."  No, no you can't and you really shouldn't try. Thanks to your review, now I kind of hope I get the opportunity to see the beginning of this show live.... And first drink is on me if we ever have the opportunity to bump into each other on a ship. 😄

• Like 4

@CruisingWalter I'm glad you enjoyed that. 😄 When we get home, I will likely try to review the whole voyage and the other shows. Tonight, we went to "Untitled Danceshowpartything". It reminded me of a junior high school dance, because everyone was standing around, and I think the idea was for them to dance, but no one did. They just stood there... awkwardly. Thank goodness we were in the "escape seats"! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, heels_fan said:

@CruisingWalter I'm glad you enjoyed that. 😄 When we get home, I will likely try to review the whole voyage and the other shows. Tonight, we went to "Untitled Danceshowpartything". It reminded me of a junior high school dance, because everyone was standing around, and I think the idea was for them to dance, but no one did. They just stood there... awkwardly. Thank goodness we were in the "escape seats"! 

if you’d stayed for the whole show there is a large audience participation section in UntitledDancePartyShowThing and a really sweet slow dance from the performers that makes me cry. Plus a fabulous section with a live singer. The dancers who do the show are great and the main point is to watch them.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, heels_fan said:

Where are the "escape seats"?  Thought we had to stand thru the whole show.

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

Where are the "escape seats"?  Thought we had to stand thru the whole show.

You can get seats on the balcony from deck 7. But if you are standing the door isn’t closed you can leave anytime. 

Is this the same with other events in the Red Room?  (I know we cannot walk out on Duel Reality, but may want to leave early on others.)

Would we really be missing anything special if we do not sit in Deck 6 seats?

5 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Is this the same with other events in the Red Room?  (I know we cannot walk out on Duel Reality, but may want to leave early on others.)

Would we really be missing anything special if we do not sit in Deck 6 seats?

The balcony seats are at the back so not always the best view. 
for Duel Reality you will only be able to leave from the balcony, the main seating can’t leave as isn’t connected to the balcony for that show and otherwise you cross the performance space. 

For UntitledDanceParty it is standing on the floor so can leave, or can enter from the balcony for seats but it’s not the best view.

For other shows done like traditional theatre all seats normally connect to the balcony so you can leave that way if you want, or via the main exit.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 3:05 AM, jon81uk said:

if you’d stayed for the whole show there is a large audience participation section in UntitledDancePartyShowThing and a really sweet slow dance from the performers that makes me cry. Plus a fabulous section with a live singer. The dancers who do the show are great and the main point is to watch them.

The dancers were fabulous! I also really appreciate that they were diverse. Maybe I was tired and dreading the trip home the next day. But according to the description, I thought there was going to be more participation. I likely misinterpreted. 

• Like 1