Can we talk about CPAPs, again?

jules815

Sorry for beating a dead horse. I filled out the special needs request form online a few weeks ago and just received this email:

We have received your Special Needs form for Booking # and are placing the appropriate notes into your booking.  

You should know that we do not keep a supply of distilled water for CPAP machines.  

In order to have what you need when you need it, we recommend that you bring your own distilled water and a standard extension cord. 

Please note the following:
•       Please, never leave any battery to charge unattended, as someone must be present in the cabin.
•       Please hand-carry your medical devices on board and not carry them in your checked luggage.

Thank you for sailing with MSC Cruises.

Best Regards,
Cheryl, MSC Special Needs Desk

Sooooo, what is everyone doing again? Yes, my husband always travels with a long extension cord for his machine, but we've never had to schlep on a gallon of distilled water before. It looks like we may have to though? The last couple of times we sailed our butler or steward brought him a smaller bottle of water that he said he got from medical.

Just got off Seascape Sunday. I asked our room attendant for distlled water when we first got on. He brought me water in a cup (with a lid). It lasted a couple days, and I just asked for more when I needed it, which he brought with no problems.