Alaska Land Tour - Arrive in Anchorage Early

Jason26

I have a land tour scheduled the week before my July Majestic Princess cruise.  We’re arriving in Anchorage two days before my land tour begins.  I called Princess to let them know I do not need the airport transfer to the Captain Cook hotel, as I’ll already be in the Anchorage area close to the Captain Cook. I’m guessing that I’ll pickup my land tour package documents at the Captain Cook hotel and not the airport??? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.

Ditto on received paperwork at the Captain Cook. 

I had had our TA notify Princess that we didn't need the transfer & would join our tour group at the hotel.  (I believe we got some refund since we had originally included transfers.)  Since we were touring around Anchorage anyway, we had stopped in to the Captain Cook a couple days ahead to check out where the Princess check-in area was, & chatted w the staff at the desk.  Depending on when you arrive, there can either be a LONG line or you walk right up!

Also, the day we were joining our tour, we were able to drop our bags at the Captain Cook earlier in the day at bell desk w no issues.  We then picked them up after returning later when the Princess desk was going to open.

The Captain Cook was LOVELY & we much preferred it to our 4 nites at the Anchorage Hilton!

5 hours ago, cruisewkid said:

Ditto on received paperwork at the Captain Cook. 

I had had our TA notify Princess that we didn't need the transfer & would join our tour group at the hotel.  (I believe we got some refund since we had originally included transfers.)  Since we were touring around Anchorage anyway, we had stopped in to the Captain Cook a couple days ahead to check out where the Princess check-in area was, & chatted w the staff at the desk.  Depending on when you arrive, there can either be a LONG line or you walk right up!

Also, the day we were joining our tour, we were able to drop our bags at the Captain Cook earlier in the day at bell desk w no issues.  We then picked them up after returning later when the Princess desk was going to open.

The Captain Cook was LOVELY & we much preferred it to our 4 nites at the Anchorage Hilton!

That is very helpful.  Thanks!