Taxi from Dubai Port

ClaireHHD

Hello, we are disembarking from Azamara Journey in Dubai and instead of pre-booking a taxi transfer we want to just get a taxi at the port. 
the reason for this is because we have booked our hotel independently Azamara won’t arrange a transfer for us plus because we don’t know what time we leave the ship and how long it takes to complete customs we can’t pre-book a taxi as we don’t have our precise arrival time which all the ones I have looked at online require. I really don’t fancy paying £7 ( my daily roaming add on ) just to ring them with precise time the night before 

does anyone have experience of trying to get a taxi at the port? Is there a taxi rank there?

39 minutes ago, ClaireHHD said:

Hello, we are disembarking from Azamara Journey in Dubai and instead of pre-booking a taxi transfer we want to just get a taxi at the port. 
the reason for this is because we have booked our hotel independently Azamara won’t arrange a transfer for us plus because we don’t know what time we leave the ship and how long it takes to complete customs we can’t pre-book a taxi as we don’t have our precise arrival time which all the ones I have looked at online require. I really don’t fancy paying £7 ( my daily roaming add on ) just to ring them with precise time the night before 

does anyone have experience of trying to get a taxi at the port? Is there a taxi rank there?

Very easy, just walk out of the terminal & there’s a taxi station there with plenty of taxis. No need to book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaireHHD said:

The last time we were in Dubai we used Uber to and from the cruise terminal to the airport.

Thanks for your speedy responses. That has saved me the headache of booking a transfer and will just grab a taxi. 

out of interest on average how long does it take to get through customs, collect luggage once off the ship?

Oops pressed reply too soon. I note that a Princess ship is coming in on the same day. I assume there is more than one terminal and therefore taxi ranks  as don’t fancy joining a long long queue for a taxi!

Do you know which Dubai terminal they usually use please? 

We are on a November cruise out of Dubai but, after a month and a half of waiting, Azamara have advised me they can't tell me which cruise terminal they are using until 60 days before my sailing - which seems odd as I'm sure they must have already booked the terminal! 

56 minutes ago, hammodt said:

Do you know which Dubai terminal they usually use please? 

We are on a November cruise out of Dubai but, after a month and a half of waiting, Azamara have advised me they can't tell me which cruise terminal they are using until 60 days before my sailing - which seems odd as I'm sure they must have already booked the terminal! 

Always been Port Rashid the 4 times we’ve finished a cruise there. Are you on the Journey in November? Cruisemapper has the Jourmey at Port Rashid on 12/13 and 19/20 November.

Just now, Grandma Cruising said:

Always been Port Rashid the 4 times we’ve finished a cruise there. Are you on the Journey in November? Cruisemapper has the Jourmey at Port Rashid on 12/13 and 19/20 November.

Yes that's the one!

Ah perfect, thanks! 

On 6/6/2023 at 5:33 PM, ClaireHHD said:

Thanks for your speedy responses. That has saved me the headache of booking a transfer and will just grab a taxi. 

out of interest on average how long does it take to get through customs, collect luggage once off the ship?

We took over an hour due to delays with the poor luggage handling. I imagine most situations are like the 5 minutes that Grandma experienced though. If you don't have a booked ride and just use the taxi rank you can be quite relaxed about it.