British and gay on Carnival Celebration?

Steddiguy

So I've found a really great deal on a Carnival Celebration Western Carribean cruise from Miami. I know Carnival is aimed at the American market. Would my partner and me be out of place on a Carnival cruise as British people and a gay couple? We are in our 50s but young at heart (although our joints aren't what they used to be lol)

• Like 1

I feel like Cruise with Ben and David did a similar route on either the Mardi Gras or Celebration and seemed to have an excellent time. Either way, they are both new ships and you'll find a diverse mix of folks onboard. I've never had a bad time on a Carnival cruise 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 6:21 PM, Steddiguy said:

So I've found a really great deal on a Carnival Celebration Western Carribean cruise from Miami. I know Carnival is aimed at the American market. Would my partner and me be out of place on a Carnival cruise as British people and a gay couple? We are in our 50s but young at heart (although our joints aren't what they used to be lol)

I do not see any reason why you guys would not have a great time! I mean your accents would be commented on more than being gay. I find people that are on vacation just really want to have fun. I have heard that the Celebration is a beautiful ship, Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

I've never found people avoiding non-Americans on a cruise.  I try to do just the opposite; chances are I'll learn something about someplace I didn't know previously.  Plus, a hot accent turns me on 🤣

As for the gay thing, depends on the ship.  Most of the larger cruise lines do LGBT mixers, which can be hit or miss.  I've never found outright antipathy but then I've never been holding hands with a boyfriend etc. while onboard so I can't say it absolutely doesn't exist.  Not sure it's super common, though.

On 6/5/2023 at 6:21 PM, Steddiguy said:

I just hope the "UGLY AMERICAN TOURIST" personas onboard doesn't give you the wrong impression. of the USA.

It could be a bit of a "SCGITTS CREEK" situation sometimes(you of course being the SCHITTS FAMILY)

On 8/12/2023 at 11:13 AM, phillygwm said:

I've never found people avoiding non-Americans on a cruise.  I try to do just the opposite; chances are I'll learn something about someplace I didn't know previously.  Plus, a hot accent turns me on 🤣

As for the gay thing, depends on the ship.  Most of the larger cruise lines do LGBT mixers, which can be hit or miss.  I've never found outright antipathy but then I've never been holding hands with a boyfriend etc. while onboard so I can't say it absolutely doesn't exist.  Not sure it's super common, though.

A hot accent is always a turn on !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2