My flight booking

gailellen12

Could someone post some additional information, such as the airline you flew, airport you left from, where you were going and the layovers and times?  I know they book Basic Economy, but my biggest fear is being unable to choose a seat and being stuck in the middle for a twelve hour flight.

2 minutes ago, CPRayVA said:

Could someone post some additional information, such as the airline you flew, airport you left from, where you were going and the layovers and times?  I know they book Basic Economy, but my biggest fear is being unable to choose a seat and being stuck in the middle for a twelve hour flight.

For a domestic flight, SYR>JFK>FLL, we were provided tickets with Delta. I signed into Delta's site where I had the option to upgrade us from a Main Cabin (so, not basic economy) to any seat available on the plane, including first class. I also was able to change our flight since there had been a schedule change. I didn't do this either as the site listed a schedule change, but I couldn't find any discernible difference between our original flight and the one we were on.

Heading home, from FLL>JFK>SYR, our flight was cancelled. Delta automatically rerouted us, but I didn't like those flights. We changed the flights on Delta's app so we flew from FLL>I forgot>SYR. 

Layovers: SYR>JFK>FLL - we had a 90 minute layover. FLL>I forgot>SYR, we wound up with about a two hour layover. The originally scheduled FLL>JFK>SYR had a scheduled one hour layover.

From my perspective, it was just like purchasing my own ticket, except that the name change (husband changed his last name between booking and flying) had to go through Norwegian. 

• Like 1

Heading from Atlanta to Fairbanks in July with NCL BOGO flights.  Atl - Cinn-Minn-Fairbanks all on Delta.  I was able to upgrade on the Delta app to 1st class. 

On Delta for the return from Seattle - Atl was putting me home Sunday night way too late for work on Monday.  I was unable to reschedule this flight directly with Delta.  I booked with a different airline for much earlier.  

On 6/9/2023 at 10:17 PM, SeekingKillerWhales! said:

There's about a 75% chance that your flight may be so late in arriving that you miss your connection and have to stay in ATL anyway....

An average of 21% of flights get delayed at Atlanta, and the average delay is 82 minutes.

You can search delay data for any flight or any airport at https://www.flightera.net/en/.

• Like 1