Solo Cruise advice - July 26th Scarlet Lady

Cruisinglife0983

Hello!

Looking for any fellow cruisers or advice for solo cruising! I’m interested in doing some group activities balanced with some time alone. 
Also, does anyone have any idea how diners will work? Will I be seated alone or with other solo diners or groups?

Thank you!

I have cruised solo many times (not with VV yet)….regarding hanging with others, I would suggest you see if there is a roll call for your voyage here or even a group on other social media platforms.  Often I will find that there are many other solos (or other kind folks) on my cruise that I can introduce myself to and perhaps make plans for an informal meet up on the first day.  Otherwise, trivia or even just sitting at the bar is a great way to meet others.  Regarding dinners, I believe on Virgin there is often a solo meet up on the first night (check the app when you board) and those interested will go to dinner together.  You can always ask if there is a communal table at each of the dining venues, but I’m not sure if that is common on Virgin?  Hope this helps.  Solo cruises are great!

VV has a solo cruiser meet up usually just before the sail away party.  After the sail away party, anyone interested is invited to a "singles or sailing solo" dinner in Razzle Dazzle, no reservations needed.  THese are hosted by a member of the "Happenings Cast."  On our TA crossing, there was also a daily meet up activity on sea days.

There are usually groups for each sailing on various social media sites; some are more active than others.  We had several "special interest" groups including one for solo cruisers.  The only place you will be seated with other cruisers is at Gunbae.  Beyond that, you can meet up with others and add someone (or 3) to your dinner table, or you can ask when you enter whether there is another single who might like to share.  THey don't normally put people together other than at Gunbae.

I have two solo cruises on the Scarlet Lady and will tell you that you have picked a perfect line. The fact that they have many solo insider rooms is indicative of their dedication to solo cruising. You can do as much or as little with others as you like. With the exception of Gunbae, you will be seated by yourself, but there are always tables around you to chat with if you'd like. This is assuming you don't meet people and alter your reservations to dine with others (which is certainly an option). You can choose to interact or just look at your phone and enjoy your own company. You can do as much or as little with others as you want. Nobody forces or judges you. I've never done the solo meet ups, but it may be an option for you. Go and have fun, you will love it. If I can help more, just ask.

Edited by Cloud9 Bob
  • Thanks 1

I sailed on Scarlet Lady back in April and had a great time.  I went to the singles meet up before Sail Away; I guess it was nice to remember a few faces throughout the voyage.  I did avoid Gunbae; both because the food wasn't that much of a draw and I didn't really want to sit with strangers.  There were a few people on the ship I got to know and would have some quick conversations here and there.  I felt totally comfortable as a single cruiser.

• Like 1