Alaska Land Tour Hotels - Best Options?

homeofthehound

Hi, we are looking at doing a 3-4 day land tour before a 7 Day Southbound Alaskan itinerary in the first half of August. We are flying from central Canada so we are open to flying into either Anchorage or Fairbanks, there isn't a lot of difference in prices or travel routes. However, I am struggling with the reviews for the different Princess Lodges. Am I right in thinking the general consensus is that the Denali Lodge is better than Mt. McKinley (especially because of recent food/restaurant issues)?? Looking for opinions to determine if we should just stay in one or the other or split between both?

For context, we know we are really late in booking so we are aware we might not have many tour options available, but we are fine sticking close to the lodge and doing low key activities while on the land portion. We are also looking at the other cruise line starting with H and their hotel option(s) so any opinions to compare or websites to review, would be most appreciated. TIA.

Last month I did an Alaska cruise tour. I stayed at the Denali Wilderness lodge. It is spread out and they shuttles to get you from your building to the main lodge. It was too spread out for my liking. The restaurants were high priced but across the street were some nice eateries. The Mt Mckinley lodge is also spread out but not quite as much and also has a shuttle to get you around. The restaurants were good and reasonably priced. The biggest drawback was no WiFi in your room, only in the lobby of the main building. In Anchorage the Cooks Hotel was by far the nicest. The rooms were large and the restaurants good and coffee makers in the room. WiFi was also in your room.