Dining observations from the Summit 6/4/23

Carried_Away

My friend and I are just off the Summit after the June 4 sailing to Bermuda. We had a wonderful cruise, and I thought I'd share some observations on dining issues that have been discussed here recently. 

We ate dinner in Oceanview two or three nights and saw no cutbacks in the buffet. Just about every station was open, including the made-to-order grill and stir-fry stations. The usual staples --- pizza, pasta, Latin, and Indian --- were available, as were daily specials. Dinner service was scheduled to end at 9:30 nightly, but on our first overnight in Bermuda, we and a lot of other guests (more than the usual number in Oceanview for dinner) came in after 9:30 as we returned from port. The crew kept some dinner stations open as late as 10:30 to accommodate people. It was sometimes hard to find a bar server, as is often our experience in the buffet, but otherwise, I was happy with our experience in Oceanview.

As others have reported, there was no self-service in Oceanview because of the recent GI illness on the ship. We didn't get sick or hear of others on our sailing getting sick.

We were in Aqua Class for the first time, so Blu was our dining room. We were impressed with the service, the food, and the ambience. We will definitely sail in Aqua Class again, at least on M- and S-class ships, because of Blu. As others have reported here, the chocolate cake and cheesecake have been removed as nightly options on the app menus, but we still noticed those desserts on printed menus in Blu. I had the cheesecake once or twice.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

So happy to hear the above information regarding the Celebrity Summit and Blu.  We are leaving Sunday for our sailing to Bermuda in Aqua Class.  I was getting nervous hearing all the bad comments recently about the ship and the food.  Thank you for your posts.

We were in the aqua class on the summit when it first started and really enjoyed it.  It is much pricier now and I'm looking at a greece cruise in Aqua.  When I price it out it seems the drinks are included but looking at a sample Blu menu from the Infinity it shows prices.  Did you have drinks included as a part of the Aqua experience.

Thanks

Dave

1 hour ago, SnorkelBoy said:

We were in the aqua class on the summit when it first started and really enjoyed it.  It is much pricier now and I'm looking at a greece cruise in Aqua.  When I price it out it seems the drinks are included but looking at a sample Blu menu from the Infinity it shows prices.  Did you have drinks included as a part of the Aqua experience.

Thanks

Dave

We booked an "all-included" fare, which I think is the only option for Aqua Class, and then upgraded our beverage packages to premium. All of our drinks in Blu and elsewhere were covered by our packages. 

• Like 2