Rock and Roll 50's 60's 70's cruise?

Glovie

My husband and I prefer Caribbean or other warm-climate cruises with daily dance opportunities, but we have not found a good rock and roll cruise that offers lots of dancing rather than just shows where the audience sits in a theater with no dance floor.  Today I came across one called Rocky's Rockin' Cruises but know no one who has tried them.  We also like ballroom, Argentine tango, hustle, and Latin dancing, but high energy swing and free-form are our favorite.  Has anyone had a good experience with Rocky's or a similar 50's/60's/oldies cruise?

4 hours ago, Glovie said:

My husband and I prefer Caribbean or other warm-climate cruises with daily dance opportunities, but we have not found a good rock and roll cruise that offers lots of dancing rather than just shows where the audience sits in a theater with no dance floor.  Today I came across one called Rocky's Rockin' Cruises but know no one who has tried them.  We also like ballroom, Argentine tango, hustle, and Latin dancing, but high energy swing and free-form are our favorite.  Has anyone had a good experience with Rocky's or a similar 50's/60's/oldies cruise?

I hadn't heard of Rock's before you pointed it out. Thanks for the note. It sounds like they've done some interesting cruises in the past and are ramping up for another one next year.

I did the Ultimate Disco Cruise the last two years. That was a great music charter for people who wanted to dance, IMHO. Not so much in the main theaters, but there was some wiggling by the pool to live music, the usual nightclub at night, and they even turned the MDR into a big dance floor every night. Alas, there are no current plans to bring it back. 🙁

On full charter music cruises, I'm sure there are are at least some facilities set up for dancing. There's a nice list at https://www.cruisetimetables.com/full-cruise-ship-charters.html .

I hope this helps. Have fun with whatever you choose! 😀

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Take note that Rocky's cruises as well as Concerts At Sea are both oldies partial charters where just a slice of the passengers are participating in the oldies activities. I am pretty sure that both of them have sock hop events nightly.

• Like 2