Strandafjell cable car excursion

reviewfan

Hi, we sail on Iona to the Fjords on 15 July. We had planned to book their excursion from Alesund to the Stranafjell cable car and a fjord cruise back but left it too late and now there's only one place left! I'm struggling to find any independent comapnies that offer the same excursion. Can anyone advise me please? Failing that we plan to take the cable car excursion from Olden the next day, again any info / advice much appreciated! Thanks 

7 hours ago, reviewfan said:

Hi, we sail on Iona to the Fjords on 15 July. We had planned to book their excursion from Alesund to the Stranafjell cable car and a fjord cruise back but left it too late and now there's only one place left! I'm struggling to find any independent comapnies that offer the same excursion. Can anyone advise me please? Failing that we plan to take the cable car excursion from Olden the next day, again any info / advice much appreciated! Thanks 

Can't offer you any advice on Alesund but the Olden Cable Car (Skylift) can be booked Direct from company on Dock and only takes 10 Mins to get to, and and it may be Sunny at ground level but may be covered with Cloud at top so if you book beforehand with P&O you go or lose your money no matter the weather.

And also no having to stick to P&O timetable for it if you go independent with it being so close.

P.S One last thing you may or may not have noticed this it is one of the steepest climbing cable cars in the World the photo on the Website is of near the top it is practically a sheer drop before that.

Happy Cruising.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

Can't offer you any advice on Alesund but the Olden Cable Car (Skylift) can be booked Direct from company on Dock and only takes 10 Mins to get to, and and it may be Sunny at ground level but may be covered with Cloud at top so if you book beforehand with P&O you go or lose your money no matter the weather.

And also no having to stick to P&O timetable for it if you go independent with it being so close.

P.S One last thing you may or may not have noticed this it is one of the steepest climbing cable cars in the World the photo on the Website is of near the top it is practically a sheer drop before that.

Happy Cruising.

That's really helpful, thanks!