Entertainment Reservations on NCL Getaway

DougandMatt

I admit I hadn't cruised for a few years and it seems like things have changed.   I also haven't cruised on such a large ship before so this is different for us.   We aren't big party/dance/pool people but we like our dining and our entertainment for the evening.    Before we always ate early 5:30/6:30 and then went to the theater every night for the show (rotated of course from comedians, magicians, dancers, shows).   Seems like that is all different with some free and some paid for shows.   Everything with reservations.   

Can anyone tell me specifically on the NCL Getaway is there a set rotation of which nights will have Million Dollar Quartet and which nights will have Burn the Floor.  Will they be an early and late show the night they doing them or only one show?   What time is the early show and what time the late show.    It is odd we have to reserve all the dining now but have no idea how this will play out with needing to make entertainment reservations.   

Not  a wine drinker so will skip the Illusionarium for that show but is Cirque Show worth it in the Illusionarium?    Do they have comedians every night in the Comedy Club?   Syd Normans appears pretty difficult to get in with no reservations possible.   We can't really show up early if we are eating dinner early.

I think I liked the old way better but looking forward to seeing what a big ship offers too and will reserve my real opinion until after the trip.   

If the sailing changes entertainment we are in Europe Southampton to Lisbon leaving August 8th if that matters.   

Any advice specifically for entertainment.    Also some what related...Do people still post dailies for past cruises??

20 minutes ago, DougandMatt said:

I admit I hadn't cruised for a few years and it seems like things have changed.   I also haven't cruised on such a large ship before so this is different for us.   We aren't big party/dance/pool people but we like our dining and our entertainment for the evening.    Before we always ate early 5:30/6:30 and then went to the theater every night for the show (rotated of course from comedians, magicians, dancers, shows).   Seems like that is all different with some free and some paid for shows.   Everything with reservations.   

Can anyone tell me specifically on the NCL Getaway is there a set rotation of which nights will have Million Dollar Quartet and which nights will have Burn the Floor.  Will they be an early and late show the night they doing them or only one show?   What time is the early show and what time the late show.    It is odd we have to reserve all the dining now but have no idea how this will play out with needing to make entertainment reservations.   

Not  a wine drinker so will skip the Illusionarium for that show but is Cirque Show worth it in the Illusionarium?    Do they have comedians every night in the Comedy Club?   Syd Normans appears pretty difficult to get in with no reservations possible.   We can't really show up early if we are eating dinner early.

I think I liked the old way better but looking forward to seeing what a big ship offers too and will reserve my real opinion until after the trip.   

If the sailing changes entertainment we are in Europe Southampton to Lisbon leaving August 8th if that matters.   

Any advice specifically for entertainment.    Also some what related...Do people still post dailies for past cruises??

The Getaway has just arrived in Lisbon this past Thursday for Her European adventure.

Enjoy your cruise.  The Getaway is a wonderful ship.

41 minutes ago, DougandMatt said:

I agree completely! I called customer service yesterday because I thought reservations for platinum opened up 120 days from departure. I was informed that since covid it had be changed to 21 days. Guess they don't know that covid is no longer a threat to humanity. As you say it sure makes planning difficult.

• Haha 1

Entertainment schedules are set by the individual Cruise Directors on a week to week basis depending on the length of ports of call, the entertainers themselves, weather, all kinds of factors.

It is very simple to change any reservations for either dining or entertainment once you are on board.

Enjoy your cruise