Airfare credit "save $150 per person on select sailings" icon....

I saw this on a cruise I'm possibly interested in taking but I cannot seem to get more details on it on the NCL website. 

Is this the thing where they book you an airline ticket discounted (which may not be ideal) or is this something where I have to show them airfare I booked and they give me a credit of $150? By credit is this a voucher that expires?

7 minutes ago, UnbridledEnthusiasm said:

NCL Gem departing 7/7/23 in an obstructed oceanview room  for 1. 

Interesting.  I had just seen the “Airfare Credit” icon on another cruise before you sent your details.  Where do you see it is a $150 credit?  I don’t see an amount.  

This is new to me and I don’t see it mentioned in the Terms and Conditions.  Perhaps they are rolling it out this weekend and aren’t finished yet. 

Now I see “up to $300 per person” if I tap the icon.  I have no idea on the terms. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

When I took advantage of a similar offer here in Europe recently NCL booked my flights and applied the discount. The price I was quoted was very good, but I wouldn't say the discount was as much as they claim if I compare it to what I could have booked myself. Still a good deal for me!

3 minutes ago, Asawi said:

When I took advantage of a similar offer here in Europe recently NCL booked my flights and applied the discount. The price I was quoted was very good, but I wouldn't say the discount was as much as they claim if I compare it to what I could have booked myself. Still a good deal for me!

Did you pick your own flight?  Or have any control on what was picked by NCL?  

6 minutes ago, UnbridledEnthusiasm said:

Do  you get to decide how many days you want to stay after the cruise or do they control it? I don't really care about connections or what not (going alone) but I want to be able to decide when I want to return home. 

In my case that wasn't an issue but I understand from discussions here that you can ask for a couple of days deviation at both ends. There are a couple of topics here about NCL Air that might be worth reading.

4 minutes ago, Asawi said:

In my case that wasn't an issue but I understand from discussions here that you can ask for a couple of days deviation at both ends. There are a couple of topics here about NCL Air that might be worth reading.

I still cannot figure out if the promotion is about letting NCL book for you or to just get a refund or credit for $150. I'll call probably tomorrow but I hate talking to them on the phone. 

1 hour ago, UnbridledEnthusiasm said:

I saw this on a cruise I'm possibly interested in taking but I cannot seem to get more details on it on the NCL website. 

Is this the thing where they book you an airline ticket discounted (which may not be ideal) or is this something where I have to show them airfare I booked and they give me a credit of $150? By credit is this a voucher that expires?

When I click it says to call to book airfare. So it’s a discount on booking through NCL not a separate credit or voucher. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnbridledEnthusiasm said:

I still cannot figure out if the promotion is about letting NCL book for you or to just get a refund or credit for $150. I'll call probably tomorrow but I hate talking to them on the phone. 

This is what the European equivalent says. I'd be surprised if it was different for USA.

(Try Googling "NCL airfare credit" and you should get the US version if you're in US)

Guests with the AIRDISC promotion selected must add flights in order to store the reservation.

3 minutes ago, Asawi said:

This is what the European equivalent says. I'd be surprised if it was different for USA.

(Try Googling "NCL airfare credit" and you should get the US version if you're in US)

Guests with the AIRDISC promotion selected must add flights in order to store the reservation.

So this is the same thing as when people let NCL just pick their flights for a low rate? The wording is just weird. I don't know why it's different. 

1 minute ago, UnbridledEnthusiasm said:

So this is the same thing as when people let NCL just pick their flights for a low rate? The wording is just weird. I don't know why it's different. 

I can't be sure it's different but I have to say it seems like there is an additional discount. When I checked NCL flight prices a little while ago I was not impressed for that particular itinerary. The price I got on another itinerary during the promo was, as I said before, very good though. Which leads me to believe the actually is a discount/credit. 

7 minutes ago, UnbridledEnthusiasm said:

Probably because if leaves in two weeks?? The half price bogo air is booked months before and finalized in terms of deviations by 75 days out. 

10 hours ago, Asawi said:

Last year I picked our flights for a Baltic cruise(UK has had credit for ages)  the total for the cruise went down.

Because we added nights at Copenhagen we did not use the included transfers.

They no longer have the flight credit on insides,  not tried again yet..