First time cruiser’s thoughts on the Noordam Inside Passage 6/11-6/18

KSW78

• 3 weeks later...

Great review!

We are going on the Noordam 18 day cruisetour leaving on August 6th.  Your review gave us good insight what to expect in the ports (and at sea).

One question, was the main dining room strict on the dress code.   My hubby really does not want to bring slacks.  So, would his really nice dress shorts be ok to wear?  

We are also dining at Canaletto's one night.  

Thoughts?  or better yet, observations?  

Thanks!  

• Like 1

I love your pictures, yes Post Card quality!

Weather is hit or miss in Alaska.  Glad you had a great cruise.

Really glad that people are still enjoying cruising!  We do!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe shorts are never permitted in the main dining room (or specialty restaurants) at dinner - as it should be.  The Lido buffet, Dive In or NY Pizza would be the options for someone refusing to wear slacks who didn't want room service inside their stateroom.  

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Harleygirl77 said:

One question, was the main dining room strict on the dress code.   My hubby really does not want to bring slacks.  So, would his really nice dress shorts be ok to wear?  

Dockers is my answer to slacks. They're actually more comfortable than jeans, and pass for slacks.

• Like 1

We dined in the Main Dining Room for most of our dinners and I don’t remember seeing men wearing shorts. I did see jeans and more casual pants. My husband wore khakis, black trousers, and gray corduroy pants. I don’t think the dining room was very strict about the dress code. Honestly, it was a bit too cold for shorts. It got up to the low 60s outside but there was air conditioning onboard the ship. I wore a short-sleeved sweater on the first night and then had a couple of long-sleeved casual dresses and a 3/4 length sweater for the other nights. Layers are definitely key for the ports but you may want them for the air-conditioning as well.

@Harleygirl77 I hope you have a fantastic cruisetour! 

One exception I have seen in the main dining room are those whose luggage didn't make it on the ship for one reason or another.  They are usually in HAL t-shirts etc., and yes sometimes shorts.

I always feel sorry for these folks!