Private transfer/uber to Ravenna?fly into Bologna or VCE(Venice)?

fountainpen

thinking of choosing a last minute cruise on Celebrity.

The Celebrity airfares offered  automatically chooses VCE but Bologna seems a bit closer. Also Celebrity flights from Toronto are about 2x more expensive than what I can get myself( Celebrity $6000+ vs myself $3000+ for business class).

How much  and how to arrange for private transfer from Bologna or does Celebrity offer a transfer from Bologna airport to the Ravenna cruiseport?

Disembarkations seems to be less of a problem since I read Celebrity does offer shuttles to both airports

Thanks

Edited by fountainpen

• fountainpen changed the title to Private transfer/uber to Ravenna?fly into Bologna or VCE(Venice)?

Bologna is a lot closer to Ravenna than Venice.

You can take the train to Ravenna, then a taxi from there to the port.  Celebrity may offer a shuttle from the train station to the port, other lines do.

A private transfer from Bologna to Ravenna will run about 200 euro.

• Thanks 1

By the way, Uber in Italy doesn't function the traditional way (amateur drivers using personal cars).  Each city negotiates its own contract, in some cases (like Rome) the Uber app links you to a traditional car service, in other (like Naples) it's a link to a taxi service.  I don't know if they are active in Bologna.

Edited to add:  It looks like the app does work in Bologna:  Bologna Airport Transfers & Transportation | BLQ | Uber

Although, when I tried to do a dummy booking, a reserve Uber in advance, it said a ride wasn't available for this coming Saturday morning.  That doesn't give me a good feeling about their availability.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 1