Excursion out of Naples

Kayak006

Will be on NCL cruise next April. Looking at different excursions from the Naples port. Trying to decide between doing an excursion to Sorrento and Positano, or concentrating on just the Amalfi coast. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I went on a tour with Italytours this April that visited Positano, Amalfi and Ravello  on the Amalfi coast and had an enjoyable day. I had 90 minutes or so free time in each town. Lots of tourists though. I can only imagine what it would be like in August.

• Like 1

It is is unclear what two excursions you are referring to.   Positano is on the Amalfi coast, so you would have to drive on the coast to get there.   Does the excursion that concentrates on the coast stop anywhere?   I would think it would.   If it stops at Positano, skips Sorrento and spends more time driving on the coast then the other, then I would chose that one.

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2023 at 6:49 PM, mskaufman said:

Last year we went to Sorrento, Positano, and Pompeii

How was this tour?  Did you have enough time?  I'm trying to decide between this one and the one that is Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri.  Any input would be appreciated.  The Sorrento, Positano and Pompeii is small groups.  The other is a bus.

So far, we've done the 50-shades of lemon tour (best meal of the whole Mediterranean trip) and we've done the Pompeii and Amalfi Coast with this company - https://italytoursharing.com/ports/naples-port

Works out cost effective if you get a group of 8 and far better than the ship tours. We've also done Capri from Naples.. but we just did our own thing (the Ferry is right next to where the Ship docks). Capri was ok.. but not as good as the Amalfi Coast. 50-shades of Lemon took us to Amalfi and Ravello as well as the lemon tour/restaurant. Highly recommended! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just be sure if you want to go to Positano, you ask if you actually get to go to the city or if it's just a view of Positano.  When I toured there in 2019, time didn't allow for us to make the the drive so we only saw a view of it from up above.  I know this going in so I wasn't surprised but still sad that I was thiiiissss close as I really wanted to go there.  

Thinking about a cruise next year that stops in Naples and already trying to research how to make my first stop Positano! 

On 6/27/2023 at 1:33 PM, yakcruiser said:

I went on a tour with Italytours this April that visited Positano, Amalfi and Ravello  on the Amalfi coast and had an enjoyable day. I had 90 minutes or so free time in each town. Lots of tourists though. I can only imagine what it would be like in August.

Was this tour out of Naples or from another port? Trying to find one with Italytours from Naples that actually spends time IN Positano and Ravello.

18 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

Was this tour out of Naples or from another port? Trying to find one with Italytours from Naples that actually spends time IN Positano and Ravello.

It was called the Classic Amalfi Coast tour. And it was out of Naples. I would recommend.

• Like 1