Roll Call - Freedom 1/28/07

gfromftlaud

We're going to be staying in Ft. Lauderdale, on the beach, the weekend before the cruise. Cant' wait for that.

Ft Lauderdale Beach is a beautiful area, much to do and alot of gay life in nearby Wilton Manors. Much of the time airfares are cheaper to Ft Lauderdale than Miami. Only a half hour drive:confused: .

Jim

Hi. What to wear? Oh, What to wear?

Med theme parties: White Party / Masquerade Party / Carnivale Party / Dog Tea Dance / 80's or 70's Disco Party.

Carib theme parties: White Party / Carnivale Party / Dog Tea Dance /

Heat! Party (think St.Tropez glam/ho attire).

Those are the staples -- Atlantis always throws some new theme parties in so use your imagination and take a couple extra outfits just in case!!

Think outside the box of pearls and feathers -- Sure you can! It is afterall Atlantis!!

Work it!! :p :p

We're going to be staying in Ft. Lauderdale, on the beach, the weekend before the cruise. Cant' wait for that.

Ft Lauderdale Beach is a beautiful area, much to do and alot of gay life in nearby Wilton Manors. Much of the time airfares are cheaper to Ft Lauderdale than Miami. Only a half hour drive:confused: .

Jim

We're still going to fly into Miami since it's easier to fly out of there when the cruise is over. In fact, we were thrilled to discover that Continental lets you check-in and deposite your checked luggage right at the Port of Miami. Bonus! That really freed us up after the last cruise to enjoy some of Miami before our flight.

We have a couple of friends that live in Lauderdale and Wilton Manors and try to get down there, at least for a couple days, once a year. Someday we hope to live there. Someday.

Yes Acquaboi you cut it close but you are prepared. We are too!!! In fact I think we'll go to the port and start the line tommorrow so we'll be first on the ship;) lllloooollll.

:) I am reading your reply at work -- and I just bursted out laughing!!

We generally get to the port and embark at 12:30 - 1pm. By 1:20pm we are in our swimsuits having the Drink of The Day at the Deck Pool.

Oddly enough the luggage still does not arrive until after the mustard drill! Laughs!!

I will be on the Mediterrean Cruise Barcelona to Athena - Atlantis in August -- so yes my theme attire needs to be ready 3 months in advance.

Ciao!:)

Acquaboi,

I'm glad you got a chuckle out of that. Laughter is the way to go !!! My battery is getting a bit low on this laptop of mine. I'm in a lawnchair at the port. I did it!!! I'm the first in line !!! My partner will join me for nights and weekends. Do you think my clothes will wrinkle between now and January? :eek:

Michael,

I did'nt know about that arrangement. Very conveinent. You better move down here soon before the hurricanes blow us away. We are certainly going through a busy cycle right now. It happens every 25- 30 years or so.

Jim:D

Hi, we were also disappointed in the coverage by matt and katie!...we think katie may have had a few too many free glasses of champagne!!

;)

I just checked the atlantis site and yes, everything sold out!!...

I love paying for it monthly, too. Thought that was great of Atlantis to offer that!

and, the fact that the Canadian dollar is getting closer to the USD is that it will cost us less and less!!

Thats funny (too many glasses of champagne:D ). A friend of ours who works for the computer industry for travel gets to go on a two day cruise on Freedom next week here in Miami. They are doing a couple of short cruises to display the ship to the travel industry then comes the inagural on June 4th. No doubt it's a nice ship !!!

Jim

It's here and waiting for us !!! The Freedom just pulled into Miami this morning. It's a hot topic on the news at noon. 8 months to go. Have a great holiday weekend guys. :D :D :D

Jim

Two of our friends were on Freedom from New York and said it was amazing. They stated it is the best ship they have been on, and they cruise every other month(they are retired....I an I am jealous!) Anyway, they said even though it is huge, it doesn't seem overwhelming or crowded...Service was also reported as being exceptional.

Well, we can judge for ourselves in 243 Days!

Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day Weekend!

Gary

Hey guys,

Did anyone read the Miami Herald's Travel writer's blog? She was on the inagural of Freedom and posted it on cruise critic before you click on the boards. She wrote many positive reports about the ship.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight at 9:00pm on the Science Channel(a discovery channel offshoot) there is a show about the construction of Freedom of the Seas.

Should be interesting for those that have the channel in their cable/dish line up.

Gary

Gary,

Thanks for the info about the documentary on Freedom. Unfortunately I missed it but it will probably air again and again and again...... so I'll catch it next time. I've seen some of those docs about other ships and found them very interesting.

I see we're in the 6 month range now. WOOOOHOOOOO !!! :D

Jim

Hi All - My Husband Dave and I will be on this cruise along with 2 other couples. This is my 6th cruise and Dave's 8th ( the first gay for both of us) Don't know quite what to expect but are excited.

Ken

This is will be our second cruise with Atlantis. Did the Anniversary cruise with Atlantis this past March and loved it. I truly believe that cruising Atlantis can be whatever you want it to be..from wild to tame and everything in between...

Look forward to hearing from you on this board in the months to come.

Best Regards,

Gary

Gary - sueandkent here. How's it going? I've been trying to track you down to let you know we're headed back to FLL. Was hoping to convice you to book on the CB with us for Nov. 5th. I sent an email that came back to me however I think I had the address wrong. Just sent another one today that hopefully you'll get.

If it doesn't get to you, email me at smorin00@shaw.ca

Talk to ya soon.

Sue

Hey, I see you started the thread...lol!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived